• Total Posts : 688
  • Reward points: 0
2008/02/16 10:27:59 (permalink)

5 Replies Related Threads

mikeg
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2533
    RE: Bear roaming PI 2008/02/16 10:48:37 (permalink)

For my fishing reports, product reviews, stories, and other nonsense...
    http://bassjunky76.blogspot.com/
    chrisrowboat
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 688
    RE: Bear roaming PI 2008/02/16 10:53:56 (permalink)
    O' never saw that. lol
    I guess I need to watch the boards more often.
    mikeg
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2533
    RE: Bear roaming PI 2008/02/16 10:57:30 (permalink)
    You're slippin', Chris!

Pay more attention next time! 

Pretty cool, though! I could tell the ol' lady I was bringing the binocs to PI to look at the bears, not the ladies!!

For my fishing reports, product reviews, stories, and other nonsense...
    http://bassjunky76.blogspot.com/
    Deerslayir
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 175
    RE: Bear roaming PI 2008/02/16 12:29:08 (permalink)
    There is also coyotes on the Pennisula, seems pretty odd to me. I have seen them off of Godfrey when fishing on the lake when it has froze. I hunted the presque isle deer hunt, and we were informed under no circumstance do we shoot a coyote???? Why not everyone else in state is worried about them killing all the young deer? From what I have read it sounds like bear get even more young deer then coyotes. I just wonder how a bear made it on to the Pennisula???? I wonder if the coyotes walked on there themselves as well. The game commission could very easily have stocked them to help thin the deer herd out there, I am not buying a bear walked onto the pennisula for one minute. Sounds fishy to me?? When I was there for their slug gun hunt they stopped just short of begging for people to please harvest a doe if they had a tag, and they also are giving out D-map tags for hunting out there as well as your 1b doe tag being acceptable to use to tag a doe as well. They claim the pennisula can only support 12 deer, and the current total was 52 before hunting season. They went into detail about how too many deer can be harmful to the ecosystem. I have seen two bald eagles out there as well a few different times. I watched them all day about a month ago flying all around. Mostly I have seen them by Perrys Monument area. I guess anythings possible but knowing how eager they were to want like every deer dead, it really makes me wonder how that bear got there. Anyone tell me where all these coyotes came from in our state, wasnt a problem 10 years ago
    hockeyfish
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 46
    RE: Bear roaming PI 2008/02/16 16:22:06 (permalink)
    I cant say for 100 percent sure....but the bear on presque isle might be the same bear that i saw with a buddy over by forest park honda....we were headed out to elk creek and saw it bolt across the street headed towards the lake....something you just dont see very often.....more like never. i would believe that bear could make its way across the lakeshore over to the peninsula...there is tons of food and heavy cover there now...and not to many people out there pushing it around....so he may make it his temporary home. plus it may den up for a few weeks....im sure when people start making there way to the park for spring he will move on....if he hasnt already. i HIGHLY DOUBT that the bear was places there by the game commission to reduce the herd. And coyotes are everywhere these days...i saw 1 on 38th just east of mcclelland eating a carcass of some sort. I used to see a coyote down by erie sand and gravel....off the road that takes you to the south pier...im sure there were a couple there and they could have very well reproduced and walked across the ice....who knows really....and in my opinion....the turkey population on the peninsula will get cut quicker by the coyotes than the deer population will....but that is again just my opinion.  

IM LISTENING TO THE EFFIN SONG!
    Jump to: