Another One Gone

Author
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4893
  • Reward points: 0
2018/03/15 07:33:37 (permalink)

Another One Gone

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/14/obituaries/lefty-kreh-a-fly-fisherman-with-few-peers-is-dead-at-93.html

It won’t be long until that generation which, for the most part, demystified fly fishing and brought to the general angling population all wade upstream for a final time.

In the age before 24/7 cable outdoor shows, YouTube, and GoPro, these gentlemen taught us through books, articles, and, often one-in-one to fly fish from tying to casting to reading water. That age will pass forever once a few more are no longer with us.

I’ve had the honor of meeting a few of these pillars of the sport and even was privileged enough to share a piece of water with some (Lefty, unfortunately not among those I got to fish with). Each time one passes, I reflect back on how the sport has evolved as I look for their works in my bookcase. Tonight, I reread one of his.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.

1 Reply Related Threads

bigfoot
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2521
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: Another One Gone 2018/03/15 15:40:40 (permalink)
    Very interesting obit. A true icon no doubt. He led a life most of us could only dream of. 

"Life's meaning has always eluded me and I guess it always will. But I love it just the same."
    Quote: E.B. White

Jump to: