fun evening at twin lakes

Author
mr.crappie
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2549
  • Reward points: 0
2017/07/04 22:11:03 (permalink)

fun evening at twin lakes

Recently a friend and I went to the upper lake for a couple of hours of fun. We did not fill the freezer or need the yellow rope,& didn't even need the camera,but we had a bunch of laughs which is usually what I am after. Our mixed bag consisted of 3 small water turtles,4 10" channel cats & about 1 doz. nice gills. Each catch was met with a good bit of laughter & good will. But I believe that I had the most unique catch of the evening.After I pulled in a turtle on my jig,I noticed that I had hooked it under the leg & in doing so impaled a small leech on the hook. So I threw the jig back out & caught 2 more gills on that leech. We did not come home with a punched tag,but I doubt if anyone had a better time than we did. Jiminy Christmas ! I had a pretty good day.  sam

2 Replies Related Threads

Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    Re: fun evening at twin lakes 2017/07/04 22:30:54 (permalink)
    Now that is what it is supposed to be about! 
    BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: fun evening at twin lakes 2017/07/04 23:48:34 (permalink)
    Hard to beat a day on the water like that Sam. Congratulation on a great day and thanks for sharing your story. 👍

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Jump to: