Full Metal Jacket Arrows

Author
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
  • Reward points: 0
2008/02/03 09:15:06 (permalink)

Full Metal Jacket Arrows

Have been looking at getting a half dozen of these for hunting and 3D shooting. I realize they are a heavy hunting arrow but with the aluminum on the outside they pull out of the 3D targets so much easier than my carbon arrows. I've seen it take 3 men to pull a carbon arrow out of a McKenzie target in Feb.
 Any one tried them? Was wondering about their durability.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

8 Replies Related Threads

parker31
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 118
    RE: Full Metal Jacket Arrows 2008/02/03 13:09:24 (permalink)
    i got a few dozen of them they are heavy but they are a good arrow they hold up just like a carbon
    Maga2120
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 259
    RE: Full Metal Jacket Arrows 2008/02/03 23:10:36 (permalink)
    i suggest the arrow gripper, they come in handy. Its one of them things you would think was worthless but actualy helps
    MuskyMastr
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3032
    RE: Full Metal Jacket Arrows 2008/02/04 00:04:24 (permalink)
    I also use the arrow lube when shooting 3D.  Works good.

Better too far back, than too far forward.
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    RE: Full Metal Jacket Arrows 2008/02/04 06:54:29 (permalink)
    Got a slick stick, got a good arrow puller...Those **** carbons seem to bond with the foam some times. You can't hardly get them out...

SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: Full Metal Jacket Arrows 2008/02/04 07:41:56 (permalink)
    Never shot FLJ. 

Here's the stuff I use.  Never had trouble pulling arrows with it.  But without it..

krott243
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 954
    RE: Full Metal Jacket Arrows 2008/02/08 01:04:15 (permalink)
    Woodys is awesome stuff.  If you dont want to spend money you can use a bar of soap, works good and is cheap. The FMJ is a good arrow, I just prefer an all carbon.  I shot Easton Lightspeeds last year for 3D, and then questioning myself for hunting with them because there so light, I shot two deer and couldint of been happier on the pass throughs I got.  Theres a lot of great arrows out there, there kind of like a rod, just start giving them a try.        Krott

The Lord has blessed us all today... It's just that he has been particularly good to me.
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    RE: Full Metal Jacket Arrows 2008/02/08 06:58:50 (permalink)
    Always shot a beaman carbon arrow. Don't know why but sometimes the arrow will bond right to the foam when shooting 3D in the cold. Can't hardly get it out. Tried Slick Sticks with Silicone, soap, and numerous other lubricants. The FMJ with the aluminum shell should pull a little easier. I looked at those Lightspeed arrows man are they light..Mabee I'll try some Woody's.Everybody likes a woody..lol...

bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    RE: Full Metal Jacket Arrows 2008/02/27 07:05:36 (permalink)
    Changed my mind on the FMJ arrows. After watching my buddy blow 3 of them up while practicing their durability comes into question. They dont just bend a little like an aluminum the break. Bought a half dozen beman ICS hunters for half the price. Have always had good luck with them. I'll just try some Woody lube..Thanx guys...

Jump to: