9-11!!!

Author
pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
  • Reward points: 0
2016/09/11 10:38:18 (permalink)

9-11!!!

15 yrs ago today a friend and I went to the SR for a three day trip.We drove up and arrived early at Ellis Cove to try our luck.We fished for a hour or two but not much was happening so we decided to head down stream to where we hoped there would be more fish.After getting our gear stowed away I started the car and drove out of the parking lot,The radio was on and it started talking about planes crashing into the trade center.I stopped the car right there in the middle of the road and looked at my friend and said"what the F,,,,,, are they talking about?We sat there stunned by what we were hearing,we drove down to the Golden Fish in Port Ontario to watch a TV.would n't you know it they did n't have a tv,so we checked into our motel down the street and watched the tv there for the rest of the day.
The next morning we hit the DSR and went to the Joss hole,there was fish active there but we were not really into fishing and were not enjoying the day.So after about a hour or so we packed up,checked out of the motel and drove home,we just wanted to be with family!
NEVER FORGET!!!!.....GOD BLESS AMERICA,THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!
post edited by pafisher - 2016/09/11 11:12:13

6 Replies Related Threads

r3g3
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3065
    Re: 9-11!!! 2016/09/11 12:06:45 (permalink)
    On 9/11 was at work in the Det div at the PD. After 28 yrs there was on the verge of retirement and then the planes hit.
    Went in - took vacation time and proceeded to the RR station and ultimately to Ground Zero in NY.
    Went to Zero digging for folks who- unfortunately -had passed.
    The scope of damage- the gore- and the ensuing Patriotism of our people.
    The place is forever in my mind and I, for one- WILL NEVER FORGET.

YES we are, in fact, at WAR- although many seem to have forgotten that simple fact.
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    Re: 9-11!!! 2016/09/11 12:40:25 (permalink)
    Fire dept up here had a nice memorial service today.
    I passed by a tv at work when the first plane went into then a report of another as it was determined we were under attack .
    Listened intently on the radio as we were just shocked somber .
    Sad , sad day that will always bring chills and heart felt sorrow to everyone .
    So much admiration to all who gave the ultimate sacrifice trying to rescue and secure people and this country .
    Peace & Tuna

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Walleye jigs
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1231
    Re: 9-11!!! 2016/09/11 13:36:58 (permalink)
    Thank you for your service r3g3 May God always keep a special eye on you and your Brothers and Sisters that wear that Blue uniform! I for one will NEVER forget or let any of my children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren forget why they should  respect and honor all American whether we agree or not!
    troutbum21
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1301
    Re: 9-11!!! 2016/09/11 20:49:43 (permalink)
    I was assigned to the Westchester County Zone 3 Police Academy as the assistant director of training when the planes struck the world trade center.  After careful deliberation a decision was made to dismiss the recruit class and have them report directly to their respective commands.  Once the building was cleared I was ordered to take the police launch with a subordinate and position the craft mid Hudson river off the nuclear energy plant at Indian Point.  We stayed on post until after dark when we were directed to return to port.
    The entire time I couldn't help but wonder what the hell we would do if a plane were to ditch into one of the cooling towers at the facility. 
    The next morning me, my lieutenant and two officers responded to the World Trade Center with the department armored personnel carrier.  The sights, sounds and smells are with me to this day and will be until I meet my end.  I'm sure r3g3 will concur that what you saw on TV can't compare to the reality of seeing the devastation in person. 
    God bless those who never returned to their loved ones on that fateful day.  May he also watch over those brave men and women who today battle the ailments contracted during their unselfish, heroic efforts at a place called Ground Zero.
    post edited by troutbum21 - 2016/09/12 07:25:16
    Clint S
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3706
    Re: 9-11!!! 2016/09/12 22:48:23 (permalink)
    There are no words to say but ''Thank you''

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    Re: 9-11!!! 2017/09/11 09:04:15 (permalink)
    ........................NEVER FORGET................

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
    post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2017/09/11 09:06:37

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Jump to: