3-29 to 3-31 report

Author
RichW
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 66
  • Reward points: 0
2016/03/31 15:14:40 (permalink)

3-29 to 3-31 report

Decided to play hooky from work with a friend and give the river a try.  Quite windy and cool  Tuesday but able to fish when we arrived.   There appeared to be quite a few steelhead on beds around Ellis Cove which drew the drift boats and fisherman.   Pineville on down pretty slow.     Gave N. Sandy a try yesterday.  Nice flow but mostly suckers and a couple small domestic bows.  
Was alarmed reading a sign posted at Ellis Cove lot, looking for witnesses on the the A-hole that slashed tires on a truck in the parking lot.  Understand there were two other reports of tire slashing yesterday.   One in the lot at Pineville.   Felt bad for the owner, a local businessman  as he was dumbfounded if he  had ****ed anyone off recently.    Pretty low when some piece of garbage has to resort to that.

Hope the State Police can nail the  SOB.   Bad enough for the local businesses up there, the fishing quality has deteriorated this past year.   Last thing an out of stater needs is to back to car or truck  and see it has been vandalized.     If it happened to me, might have to say I would be done with Pulaski.

My thoughts, am sure many of you would concur.

5 Replies Related Threads

hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    Re: 3-29 to 3-31 report 2016/03/31 19:31:19 (permalink)
    Thanks for the report Rich . Did you get to play with any chrome on the SR ?
    With the antics and such the last few years , I have pretty much hung up fishing the river itself. Over 35 years on that stream and great memories it's just to much and time to move on myself.
    I hope they catch the vandals but it's just puzzling that they have been getting away with this for about 3 years .
    I once left a rod tube on back bumper of my truck, I think it was L-13 that seen it a few hrs later and put it in the bed of my truck , don't you know , at the end of day, the sage rod tube was still there .
    When kindness turns to malicious, it not a place for me .
    post edited by hot tuna - 2016/03/31 19:37:18

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    RichW
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 66
    Re: 3-29 to 3-31 report 2016/03/31 20:20:56 (permalink)
    Thanks Tuna.  I was using the float reel trying to cover allot of water Tuesday with the wind.  My buddy was fly fishing and hooked a silver  one  on a hellgrammite pattern above Sportmans pool yesterday morning.  Stayed away from the Cove yesterday morning.   Too many cars in lot.     Had the most action on N. Sandy, no chrome however.  
    Really enjoy fishing the Sandies.  We did not get a chance to do it the last two  fall trips  due to water conditions.  Always enjoy stopping for lunch at Taco Bob's.  Weather made for a very comfortable day yesterday.   Think it rained up there most of today, with cold front moving in  Saturday.   Had to get back to NJ to pick up my  permit to demo in-ground pool on my property.  Probably done fishing till fall.  
    Clint S
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3706
    Re: 3-29 to 3-31 report 2016/04/01 20:09:04 (permalink)
    I went for an hour or so last night after work. It was fairly dead. Saw two fish hooked, one Waa 12 inch brown..........

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

r3g3
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3065
    Re: 3-29 to 3-31 report 2016/04/02 12:59:04 (permalink)
    Was gonna take a run to Sr for Spring Steel- was looking forward to it after selling my place there.
    Normally woulda been up a couple of times already with this weather.
    Think I'll skip it and look forward to dink stocked trout locally.
    Reports are too few and too sad.
    The system needs each and every future breeder it can get.
    I don't keep them but sometimes they are injured and worn out when catching.
    post edited by r3g3 - 2016/04/02 13:00:56
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    Re: 3-29 to 3-31 report 2016/04/02 14:30:03 (permalink)
    I gotta believe the fish are on the gravel and in all likely places . For me , to many other things going on and all at once . Some stripers are already being caught behind my house and I'm still not ready although I could just crash the water at a given notice if I want.
    My dock fees ( Hudson & Ontario) are paid up , just trying to play catch up before all hell breaks loose and I won't see home on a weekend until next spring

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    Jump to: