Check them out and send in comments.
Of note, the invasives looks like it will be a disaster for boaters
http://www.dec.ny.gov/reg...s/propregulations.html

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
twobob
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1674
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Proposed NY regulations 2015/12/21 06:51:14 (permalink)
Doesn't look like any impact me.

Just keep the Daisy Mae in the water once you launch her.

hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
Re: Proposed NY regulations 2015/12/21 13:57:02 (permalink)
Lake George is one of the most strict waters for boating that I know in NY
Your boat must be inspected and a " sticker " will be issued giving you an OK to launch. Don't get caught without one or its big $$
If you have anything suspect or any standing water in the bottom then you must first have the boat pressure washed onsite, not just a water hose , hot water pressure washing is only allowed.
The lines are long and the launch is a nightmare..
Any available launch, public or private must be gated or chained with a lock so nobody can just sneak into the lake ..
I don't see places going to the extreme that LG is but it is happening there and could happen elsewhere.
Keeping my boat confined to 1 water body is really a form of government control that I'm just not willing to give.
I fish striper on the Hudson in the spring and then the Great Lake in the summer, both federal waters and both do not control invasives from commercial ships importing these invasives.

uglyfish
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 561
Re: Proposed NY regulations 2015/12/21 14:16:03 (permalink)
Nightmare to say the least. The hoops we use to have to go through every deployment before we could bring our heavy equipment back into the country was crazy. There could be no dirt any where they'd remove belly pans on all of our equipment to make sure no soil was in them they use to have to look like brand new equipment.
Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
Re: Proposed NY regulations 2015/12/21 17:30:34 (permalink)
I am surpassed a bigger deal is not made of this at the border. Coming in or going out bringing your across.   

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: Proposed NY regulations 2015/12/21 18:09:04 (permalink)
Well crossing on Champlain to Vermont and Easter Great Lake to Canada in a personal watercraft is , can be a big deal.
Have no idea how commercial vessels are handled. I do know for fact , I have pumped ballast water into the Hudson River and is done to this day from commercial vessels.
When I go to an ADK's lake and asked by the invasives stewardship where my boat was last in water and tell them it was a federal water (Ontario or Hudson) I get special attention no matter how reasonably clean it is or sat on trailer in my yard ( drying)
The conclusion I came to is that it I say , came from the same water I'm launching my boat back into. Humm

twobob
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1674
Re: Proposed NY regulations 2015/12/21 18:53:28 (permalink)
Does this mean every drift boat launching has to be cleaned before hitting the river every day?
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: Proposed NY regulations 2015/12/21 19:12:03 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby hot tuna 2015/12/21 19:15:56
At this point twob, the focus seems toward lakes only. Interesting how this will play out in the ponds and remote lakes of the ADK's
Currently there are no checks at launching on the Hudson River or other rivers I have put my yak / canoe into.
So if a driftboat launched at Mexico or Selkirk ( which are technically River) I'd say that DB will be inspected., as was my boat .
At Altmar, ah not so much, but------ that door is now cracked open..
And PS-
Does that mean reasonable suspicion to search ??
post edited by hot tuna - 2015/12/21 19:16:39

troutbum21
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1301
Re: Proposed NY regulations 2015/12/21 19:18:25 (permalink)
The infestation with hydrilla has prompted this response to combat its spread.  Hydrilla has shown up in some local rivers that are not open to boating traffic.  The fight against the transference of invasives is bound to trickle down from the recreational boater to those of us who wade fish.  First it was didymo (rock snot) now hydrilla.  Car toppers beware because you'll be targeted too. 
hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: Proposed NY regulations 2015/12/21 20:05:42 (permalink)
I don't want to sound like I'm beating a drum or its a conspiracy, it's a problem without real solution.. You can't just rotenone lake George, Ontario or the mighty rivers . Has VHS , ash borers , zebra, looseleaf, watercress or hydrilla receded in the last 2 decades? Remember tent caterpillars? Seen them lately- no elms ..
I give the DEC pretty good credit for how the regs seem to be written, I think.
To How they came to be is the question. Aka, safe act .. This is why I posted, it's a proposal and open to comment, please do
Honestly, I have know issue in taking personal responsibility for not taking measures to not transfer invasives. I just don't want an open invitation
post edited by hot tuna - 2015/12/21 20:10:32

dimebrite2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1625
Re: Proposed NY regulations 2015/12/24 14:59:33 (permalink)
Tuna I'm right with you. Tighter regulation often leads to abolishment of once had rights. And at the slightest, as you said, it does create open invitation towards violation of privacy.
Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
Re: Proposed NY regulations 2016/02/22 19:19:10 (permalink)
Here is some new ones for 17 read and comment
http://www.syracuse.com/o...html#incart_river_home

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

hot tuna
Pro Angler
Re: Proposed NY regulations 2016/02/22 19:41:36 (permalink)
Just a few that raise a brow for me .
Stocking walleye in a local state lake will be a bonus on the ice and using smelt as bait in lake George, not that I don't feel confident in artificial.
Jigging a live smelt is a PIA anyway

Jump to: