Author
DeXodus
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2014/11/09 09:43:57 (permalink)

About baitcasters

Hello dear forum users,

I am pretty sure someone already asked this but I find it hard to find information that explains everything nicely. First of all I should point out I am not actually from US. I am from Europe. I have been fishing for most of my life (20 years now) and as you probably know we use almost exclusivly spinning reels here. Yet I started to look into baitcasters though the last years. In my financial situation they are quite expensive so I am trying to find out as much as I can before buying one. I though that asking american anglers would be best as baitcasters are very popular in US.
I do understand working principle, advantages and disadvantages of such reel yet I have couple of questions. First of all after taking a look of different reels I can't seem to find a very distinct difference in size. Most of these low profile baitcasters seem to me to be more or less of a same size. am I mistaken or are they more or less same size-wise? Or is there any different size models for different lure size? I am personally normally cast somewhere between  1/5oz and 3/4oz baits (very rarely anything heavier). I was looking at Abu Garcia Pro Max model and wanted to ask about your experience with this model, specially at this weight interval. I know 1/5oz is rather light for baitcaster reel, but sometimes you don't want to take 2 rods and want something universal to have for a short trip and I was wondering if it's still relatively possible to fish with such a reel at such weights.
Sorry if this was asked before and I having find an answer and thank you for your time and patience.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: