will be surprised...

Author
dimebrite2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1625
  • Reward points: 0
2014/09/07 08:29:38 (permalink)

will be surprised...

If fish don't start running today. Heavy west winds yesterday coupled with warm surface lake temps could've brought warm water from behind staged fish... Very cool this morning... Gonna give this afternoon a shot hopefully... Sunny and a high of 68 is salmon weather ;)

10 Replies Related Threads

fichy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1896
    Re: will be surprised... 2014/09/07 09:31:14 (permalink)
    Maybe 2B will go up Tues. and ring the hammers of hell on 'em.  I've got a good month before I get my current project roofed and closed in,  so I'm hoping for a  nice, predicted rain day to  sneak away. Of course I'm hoping for sun on the river. My chances are slim.  Good luck, Dime.
    dimebrite2
    Pro Angler
    Re: will be surprised... 2014/09/07 10:51:59 (permalink)
    Thanks charlie and hopefully it rains for a few days so you can get up. Amazing to see the past few years in relation to internet reports. Internet reports have seemed to really tone down in the past two seasons... It shows amazingly this last season. Pressure is very LOW on the river. Like it used to be in the early season. Internet really killed the early season in recent years. It just goes to show how the salmon river has kinda turned in to a video game for a large portion of its fisherman who only come up when they see the good reports and pics on the net. Yet, folks make the trip when "the run" is supposedly "hot" to usually complain about how there werent as many fish as people said on the internet. Funny stuff i tell ya...This is one of very few seasons that I haven't gotten a fish before September. Although I have been very busy. We did get out last Monday and my father hooked 2 in a couple hours effort...
    Clint S
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3706
    Re: will be surprised... 2014/09/07 11:01:45 (permalink)
    Good luck to you Andy. Still on the DL for me, so to any and all that go hook one for me. This is more like the time frame of years past. 2 weeks till I find out if I am cleared. Gonna ask for at least two more weeks off to rehab. That will include getting wood and some casting work

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

chartist
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 925
    Re: will be surprised... 2014/09/07 11:41:17 (permalink)
    Dime, not sure where you're finding the humor....The internet is all about putting information in people's hands.  It cost me a ton of money and time to make the trip from Cinci.  Why not use the internet to put the odds in your favor? 
    dimebrite2
    Pro Angler
    Re: will be surprised... 2014/09/07 12:37:19 (permalink)
    Sorry chary but i find humor in almost anything... Sorry if I offended you :)
    Clint S
    Pro Angler
    Re: will be surprised... 2014/09/07 16:34:26 (permalink)
    Back to the old days when every shop you called said there were a ton of in the river and they got up here to  fallfish.  Personally I find it funny too. It all goes back to entitlement, some folks feel just because they drove 5 hours they DESERVE the best spot and DESERVE to catch a fish. Not good. I lost it last year when I stepped into a spot that was wide open  and was told I had to leave because they were saving it for their friend WHO WAS UP IN HIS CAR SLEEPING WITH HIS BOOTS OFF. Walked right by him when I came down. After words were exchanged he had the nerve to say " so that's how it is with YOU people, we drove 5 hours to get here  and now you come in here and take his spot because his feet get cold".  Now if he would have been nice about it and asked if I would vacate when his friend came back I would have said ok. It was turning ugly so I left. The guy did not return for another hour.
    Don't get me wrong if I was driving I would want to know, but just because you drive makes you no better than the next guy.

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

chartist
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 925
    Re: will be surprised... 2014/09/07 17:14:34 (permalink)
    Those folks were jagoffs Clint....If a spot isn't being actively fished then it's fair game.  And by not actively, I mean longer than a shore lunch. 
    Clint S
    Pro Angler
    Re: will be surprised... 2014/09/07 17:48:24 (permalink)
    I told the guy technically the spot was mine because I was there yesterday and left to go home because my feet go cold.  That is when he came out with the you people (meaning locals) think we own the river and his 5 hour drive entitled him to save a spot.  Guy was out of the river for 2 hours total, because when I drove by earlier I saw him getting in the car.  Biggest laugh off is that when he came back down I was fighting a fish and he netted it for me.
    I have to go up to the vet tomorrow.  I will do a drive by and check things out.

uglyfish
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 561
    Re: will be surprised... 2014/09/07 18:35:17 (permalink)
    Charlie rain or shine I'm headed up Saturday for a recon trip. Headed up by myself so if you want to ride shotgun let me know.
    dimebrite2
    Pro Angler
    Re: will be surprised... 2014/09/07 21:09:26 (permalink)
    Didn't get a chance to fish. Rode by port in morning and evening. Nothing in the morning with a steady chop going up stream... A few boils this evening with a calm /no chop... 40's tonight...
    Jump to: