Helpful ReplyStanley thermos

Author
Clint S
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3706
  • Reward points: 0
2014/08/21 15:48:36 (permalink)

Stanley thermos

Last year I found out the green Stanley thermos has a lifetime warranty. Mine was not keeping stuff hot all day so I called and they sent me a new one, you don't even have to send the new one back. It was made in 1991. Well I saw my dads broken down , all the green paint wore off , stopper broken, handle gone Stanley thermos.  There were no major dents in it but it was rough and was not keeping stuff hot in the winter for the whole day. It made in 1983 according to the bottom and fuse kids got it for him for Christmas. Well I got the numbers off the bottom and called.  The lady on the phone asked me how I washed it (not in the dishwasher by hand of course),  were there any big dents in it and if the stopper had a good gasket. All questions answered they are sending me a new one on their dime. Pretty good if you ask me. She did tell me I was on record as having another claim, but I explained it was my dads and he did not want to call. I could of lied and said I was him, but did not feel the need. She asked for my dads name and I gave it to her. She said because the serial numbers were different she would let me file the claim for him.  I guess if you tried to do it multiple times it would not fly.
 Anyway excellent customer service and they stood by product that was 31 YEARS OLD.
http://www.stanley-pmi.com/products/search/category/Vacuum%20Bottles
So if you Stanley is shot give them a call.  My new one keeps stuff hot all day on the ice without issue and I still have the old one which is god for about 6 hours.

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.  ~Babylonian Proverb

hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
Re: Stanley thermos 2014/08/21 16:34:31 (permalink)
Yea I ran across that last year. Good product and glad to know there are still companies that are still willing to stand behind their products .
The thing to remember when buying one is to look at the label. If it says Aladdin Stanley then it is made in China and junk. Plain old Stanley brand are still the real deal made in USA

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
Fisherlady2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2196
Re: Stanley thermos 2014/08/21 16:41:38 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby hot tuna 2014/08/21 21:40:12
Thanks for the heads up guys... I am going to be in the market for a large coffee thermos soon because the old carafe has seen better days.  Good to know that the Stanley name still stands for the quality it used to.  Not many companies can say the same anymore!
Will be interesting to see how large they are nowadays... I go through a LOT of coffee in an average day! LOL
Jump to: