Perch Fishing Tips (weeds)

Author
AndyR
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2014/07/21 11:41:29 (permalink)

Perch Fishing Tips (weeds)

Hi there, new to the forum (and fishing in general)

I am an American, originally from Finland. Most years, we go back during the summer for a week or two, and spend time at our summer house out on an island in the southern archipelago. The water there is brackish, 65-70 degrees, and fairly shallow, with a rocky coastline. 

We primarily fish using nets (need to feed a large extended family), catching a lot of perch around the island and small flounders further out. We can also catch perch easily using a bobber/hook and earthworms we dig up. 

However, we also have spin reels with a variety of different lures / jigs / minnows / spinners etc. The tackle is probably pretty nice but has not gotten much use in the last 20+ years. 

Every year, I take it out for a spin for a day or two, but am constantly frustrated by the amount of seaweed I get caught in while fishing off the coast or from a boat. I've tried to do some research on what I could do to catch a few perch with a real spinning reel. If there is something I should buy (weedless or snag-proof lures etc) I'd like to buy some in the US in advance and bring them with me.

Any recommendations or tips in general would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Andy

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: