Helpful ReplyBait and Tackle Shop near 20 mile creek

Author
salmonoidslayer
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points: 0
2013/10/18 18:17:29 (permalink)

Bait and Tackle Shop near 20 mile creek

Can anyone tell me where the closest bait and tackle shop is to 20 mile creek.
I've only fished the creek a handful of times and haven't found anywhere to re-up on tackle.
Any help is greatly appreciated
Skip16503
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4028
Re: Bait and Tackle Shop near 20 mile creek 2013/10/18 18:39:15 (permalink)

FiveMilePete
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1131
Re: Bait and Tackle Shop near 20 mile creek 2013/10/18 20:55:55 (permalink)
salmonoidslayer
I've only fished the creek a handful of times and haven't found anywhere to re-up on tackle.

Westfield, NY
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2852
Re: Bait and Tackle Shop near 20 mile creek 2013/10/18 21:34:25 (permalink)
salmonoidslayer

If you're just looking for tackle, and assuming you know what you want/like, why not order from this site?  Great prices, great selection and quick delivery.

East End Angler, that skip linked, has an OK tackle selection, but the couple of times I've been there and needed the hooks and split shot I prefer for steelhead, I've found the selection to be lacking.  That was a couple years ago, and maybe it's improved since then.  Standard bait selection you'd find anywhere else.  Still quite a ride from 20 Mile Creek though, as EEA is located near 4 Mile Creek. 
workcanwait....
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 729
Re: Bait and Tackle Shop near 20 mile creek 2013/10/18 22:14:41 (permalink)
If you're just looking for tackle, and assuming you know what you want/like, why not order from this site?  Great prices, great selection and quick delivery.

Yeah this....very reliable company happy customer of there's for last few years.
Unless you need minnows.
Plan ahead.
salmonoidslayer
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Bait and Tackle Shop near 20 mile creek 2013/10/19 20:56:57 (permalink)
Thanks for the replies.  I flyfish and usually come prepared. Sometimes i run out of shot or tippet and its nice knowing i don't have to go the whole way to poor richards anymore.

I took my younger brother up to 20 mile today, first time chasin chrome for him.  I stopped at EEA on way to get him some bait. Selection is slim there but they had what he needed.

My brother hooked up on a few, but didn't land any he wasn't prepared for how much fight these fish have in them. I landed 5 and buddy landed 4.

What's with anglers taking my spot while I'm playing a fish. Had it happen twice today. I know i don't own the creeks but a little bit of courtesy goes a long way. I just laughed it off, went for a walk and found more fish to catch.

Thanks again. Im new to this site and find it very helpful. I'm considering placing an order in the future

chrisrowboat
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 688
Re: Bait and Tackle Shop near 20 mile creek 2013/10/19 21:11:32 (permalink)
Get use to it. That is fishing on Erie Tribs.

Proud to have been a FOT/
I've been out fishing.
Clean your gear/
http://www.fish.state.pa.us/cleanyourgear.htm

FiveMilePete
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1131
Re: Bait and Tackle Shop near 20 mile creek 2013/10/20 20:51:35 (permalink)
salmonoidslayer
Thanks for the replies.  I flyfish and usually come prepared. Sometimes i run out of shot or tippet and its nice knowing i don't have to go the whole way to poor richards anymore.

I took my younger brother up to 20 mile today, first time chasin chrome for him.  I stopped at EEA on way to get him some bait. Selection is slim there but they had what he needed.

My brother hooked up on a few, but didn't land any he wasn't prepared for how much fight these fish have in them. I landed 5 and buddy landed 4.

What's with anglers taking my spot while I'm playing a fish. Had it happen twice today. I know i don't own the creeks but a little bit of courtesy goes a long way. I just laughed it off, went for a walk and found more fish to catch.

Thanks again. Im new to this site and find it very helpful. I'm considering placing an order in the future

salmonoidslayer

Get used to it.  Folks figure if they drive 100 miles they can fish anywhere they want.  Most locals would never pull that crap.  I had a guy and his whatever step in front of me while I put a new fly on the other day, and we were the only three on the creek.

workcanwait....
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 729
Re: Bait and Tackle Shop near 20 mile creek 2013/10/20 21:13:32 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby FiveMilePete 2013/10/20 22:36:18
That's one thing I hate is someone jumping in your spot while your chasing a fish.
Learned along time ago(and I am no tough guy) just land yur fish come back a reclaim your spot 100% of the time people have just said ok cuz they know they r wrong.

I also have another thing regularly occur to me that gets me aggravated..
Fishing a hole some one walks up opposite side of creek,I watch them try to make eye contact to say HELLO,they keep theyre head down fumble with bait and cast right into my line without even looking my way.
I make sure to set the hook on em  and then they look up say sorry or something stupid.
After untangling the lines I keep casting and hold my ground they useally move on real quick.
Its not that hard and kinda just common curtousty to say hello to people maybe ask hows fishing before jumping in.
It just might be another human just like you on the other side of the creek that you could get along with maybe even share the fishing spot together.

Both are examples of people trying to BULLY you out of a spot  silly humans its just a fish.

tunaman1A
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Bait and Tackle Shop near 20 mile creek 2013/10/30 10:30:40 (permalink)
IMO when you leave your spot to chase a fish, then someone moves in while your not there, no problem as long as they are courteous enough to move out when they see you're coming back. From my experience most will not challenge you for the spot because they know you were there and the guilt wont allow them to stand their (your) ground. BUT not all...that's when i usually belly up right next to the person and get another fish on !
fishingood
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 95
Re: Bait and Tackle Shop near 20 mile creek 2013/10/30 10:52:21 (permalink)
It goes the other way too. How about the idiots who leave some of their stuff on the bank, or has their kid sit on the bank text messaging, near where they want to fish, and wander off to take 20 minutes to suit up, eat lunch, or do something else, thinking that reserves them the spot.

Check out my YouTube fishing channel, new videos every week: https://www.youtube.com/user/Pasc9
Jump to: