Horton

Author
S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
  • Reward points: 0
2013/08/17 20:18:55 (permalink)

Horton

I knew Horton was having some major problems with the reverse draw crossbow they introduced last year but I just heard today that it may have driven them out of business.
Does anyone have any current information on their status? My source claims they have closed their doors and sold their equipment.  I have three friends with their bows that had the string cut by the cams.

1 Reply Related Threads

dpms
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3508
    • Reward points: 0
    Re:Horton 2013/08/18 19:44:50 (permalink)
    The bank closed them down months ago. TenPoint crossbows purchased selected assets about a month ago including the Horton name. Horton the company is no longer and those with Horton bows will be unable to have any warranty work done on them and the parts will be drying up. It is a shame that what once was a great American company was driven into the ground. 

TenPoints president did say during a interview with Crossbow Magazine that they plan to introduce a new line of crossbows under the Horton name. Rick Bednar started his career with Horton and did not want to see the name die. They will be a all new bows designed from the ground up and the reverse draw technology will be a part of it. 

For those that may have bows in for service at what used to be Horton, TenPoint has set up a email to contact those folks to try to get their bows back to their owners. That email is hortoninfo@tenpointcrossbows.com

My rifle is a black rifle
    Jump to: