Lead

Author
retired guy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3107
  • Reward points: 0
2013/04/28 09:53:54 (permalink)

Lead

Take a read of the Fox report on the putor today bout Lead Bullets .
 Seems California is trying to ban them Statewide because lead is a leading cause in the death of some raptors and is dangerous to humans too.
 Some feel this may result in  a roudabout way of outlawing gun  hunting because of Federal laws about harder projectiles being 'armor piercing'.
  The article points out that LESS than ONE percent of Cal residents hold Hunting licenses.
   WE ARE the minority and thus will loose ground.
 Would be shocked if more States dont pickup on this-  mostly where Anti lobbies have achieved recent advances to their cause and feel strong.

Gotta wonder bout a new round of ammo buying and who will hunt even when there is nothing legal left to hunt with.  I know my path.
  The Anti fight goes on and on and on----
   Take lotsa photos to show your grandkids what hunting was really like back when ya could do it.
post edited by retired guy - 2013/04/28 10:02:21

5 Replies Related Threads

DarDys
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4893
    Re:Lead 2013/04/29 12:08:54 (permalink)
    There was something similar in the late 70's with a tax on lead to get it priced out of the shooting market.  A 25 pound bag of ahost went from $3 (yep, that was the price back then) to $20 overnight.  Luckily it got over turned rather quickly.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    just_wanna_fish
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 424
    Re:Lead 2013/04/29 18:23:15 (permalink)
    i recently bought a box of C.O.P. rounds for my .40 the guy selling them of course said " out of the .40 they shoot better than lead". i have yet to check them out.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
    just_wanna_fish
    Expert Angler
    Re:Lead 2013/04/29 20:20:25 (permalink)
    that condor is a vital piece of american history

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
    retired guy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3107
    Re:Lead 2013/04/29 21:09:18 (permalink)
    One of the things they pointed out in the article is  shooters and ranchers or farmers  often leave their varmint kills- then the Raptors eat them and ingest the lead.
     Either way ya cant argue the lead is a factor- how much ?? Antis will push any kind of number to get at us.
     Seems they are also trying to save US too as they talk about lead in meat we hunters eat as hurting us.
     Am soooo happy they really care. Its for our own good and we poor fools just dont see it.   lol -
     Scuze me - gonna go an PUKE
     Wonder when they will start an ANTI CAR push to save on road kill of endangered species--Lets make some bets on that one.
     Dont fall into their traps. Its YOUR lifestyle  they are after- the birds are the avenue by which they do it.
    post edited by retired guy - 2013/04/29 21:12:40
    just_wanna_fish
    Expert Angler
    Re:Lead 2013/04/30 09:12:29 (permalink)
    i recall hearing around deer season about traces of lead in deer meat. i didnt really follow any of it though, when i hear stupid i just tune out. honestly how did we survive before we had all these people to save us. my God my parents gave me asprin when i was sick as a kid. i would have to say most varmit kills are through and through and even so a raptor picks apart the meat why would it say hey that chunk of lead looks tasty

Jump to: