Legal in the SRA, evil outside of them

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
  • Reward points: 0
Re:Legal in the SRA, evil outside of them 2013/02/06 05:56:09 (permalink)
I think it comes down to whether you trust the unelected BOC to make the right decision or the political process with it's checks and balances however messy that might be.  Right now the current BOC appears willing to do anything that will help kill more deer or turkey even with declining populations of both.
I see the potential need for multiple shots when confronted with an attacker also armed, moving and shooting at you. The police often fire multiple shots in their engagements and they are highly trained.
  When it comes to hunting it depends on how you view the sport. Are you hunting an animal with a view towards a clean kill or are you simply engaging in target practice at a moving target.
post edited by S-10 - 2013/02/06 07:06:06
dpms
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3509
Re:Legal in the SRA, evil outside of them 2013/02/06 06:47:02 (permalink)
Wayne,

Again, your responses and non responses point directly at your contempt for our current PGC. Whenever these type of discussions come up, it seems that your desire is to remove game agencies from the process of regulating hunting with a preference for political regulating of hunting.

You said I wish to circumvent the process. Not all all. I have been clear on the process. This issue and the SH issue must go through the legislature. That is the process and I work to move the process forward using facts that are available. Yes, it is my desire to remove politicians from directly regulating hunting. They remain the overseer which is what their role is.

You refuse to address why it is the person when the discussion is gun rights, yet point to then gun when it is regarding hunting.

I made a post that points out some of the confusing laws that already exist for hunting in this state. All aremfree to disagree but as with any ,message board there is going to be discussion on some of these posts. I am not the "king" or whatever term you used. Just trying to debate and understand others points of view.

My rifle is a black rifle
retired guy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3107
Re:Legal in the SRA, evil outside of them 2013/02/06 08:23:07 (permalink)
I agree Dar.
 To some degree this whole argument of Hunting vs rights of gun owners to own a variety of arms is falling into the most recent Anti pitch. One only has to read this thread to see it too.
   In recent days or weeks 'they' have begun to talk about arms restrictions in the context of whats needed for  Deer Hunting as opposed to Second Amendment rights. IMHO the two are not the same.
   One may well caution Hunters and/or gun owners in the US to beware of falling into that argument.  We all know full well that what we may carry hunting has little to do with that basic right to possess firearms in general.
  EX-  Few Hunters  would likely agree with one of those 12 ga 20 or 30 shot 'barrel clips' for Duck hunting but on the flip side we would not agree to  limit them for other reasons. The Antis are trying to put the two issues  together and thus pit us against ourselves.

BTW-  - we all know now that Biden is an avid Hunter and O is an avid Skeet shooter therefore they are really ' on our side' here--but--I have a question--
 Having seen that photo of O shooting his shotgun at a clay that may well have been on the ground - where did all that smoke come from ?? was it a muzzel loading Shotgun ??-- 
post edited by retired guy - 2013/02/06 10:53:40
wayne c
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3473
Re:Legal in the SRA, evil outside of them 2013/02/06 10:54:05 (permalink)
Again, your responses and non responses point directly at your contempt for our current PGC.

As already stated and explained, I said that wasnt the case...and so what if it was?   We the hunters should still have the say regardless of who I trust or don't trust.   Thats the point and all that matters anyway.   This is currently not a pgc issue.   And WE should have that say.  NOt one or two legislators...and one or two dont have the say.   Not pgc.   US.   Not because I dont trust them...Which I dont.    But because it should be our call regardless!   How much clearer can that be stated?    There is no reason for the legislators to start the process going through process to giving pgc the ability to implement it, if the support from us isnt there!

And you arent fooling anyone, the only reason you think it should be given to pgc is because you saw how the crossbow deal went.    The majority of sportsmen clearly were not for it, even according to the commissioners themselves...Yet commissioners said right out they didnt agree with the hunters views so passed it anyway.   Not representing constituents desires is always a concern when political appointees are the ones circumventing the system.   Thats not just a pgc issue, thats an issue with any politically appointed commission that has power.   Thats why they cant act alone and just do anything they want any time they want no matter what.   Sorry.  Not reality.  And for good reasons.     

"Whenever these type of discussions come up, it seems that your desire is to remove game agencies from the process of regulating hunting with a preference for political regulating of hunting."

Last I checked, thats the way the system was set up, and for a reason chief.    I fully support pgc having the right to govern over this if its determined there is a large majority support among hunters for possibly implementing it and that is voiced to the leislator through input given,  hearings etc...   And not before. 

"You refuse to address why it is the person when the discussion is gun rights, yet point to then gun when it is regarding hunting. "

Keep repeating that mistruth.   You have a history of doing that during your tantrums when people dont agree.   Ive seen this time after time.   With the Sunday issue and with the crossbow issue.
The question was answered best in posts 17 and post 24 yet again on page one.   Dont like the answer, as the Russians would say....tough shytsky.

Imho, the issue it that a few of you same self appointed "hunter activists" just need to H.u.s.h.!  lol.   Constantly looking for causes to champion and bring up controversial ranks splitting issues on the message boards, getting the topics feet wet before launching your tirades on the legislators trying to ram-rod issues through.   

But no more arguing from me on this.   Even you should realize you have a snowflakes chance in hades on this'n.

Good luck with your efforts   N'at.   Youre gonna need it. lmao.
post edited by wayne c - 2013/02/06 11:12:16

dpms
Pro Angler
Re:Legal in the SRA, evil outside of them 2013/02/06 16:31:51 (permalink)
S-10

I think it comes down to whether you trust the unelected BOC to make the right decision or the political process with it's checks and balances however messy that might be.  Right now the current BOC appears willing to do anything that will help kill more deer or turkey even with declining populations of both.

I understand your point. I have my concerns at times as well with some intitiatives and let them know it. But, in the end, I fully support game agencies regulating hunting and not politicians. Many of whom do not own guns or hunt.

I see the potential need for multiple shots when confronted with an attacker also armed, moving and shooting at you. The police often fire multiple shots in their engagements and they are highly trained.
When it comes to hunting it depends on how you view the sport. Are you hunting an animal with a view towards a clean kill or are you simply engaging in target practice at a moving target.

I think most hunters view the sport of hunting and shooting game differently than we would in a home defense situation.  A clean kill as what most of us desire and expect when we pull the trigger. But, with most of the non semiautomatic firearms used for hunting in Pa, the magazine or tube holds another 3-4. Bolt actions, pumps and levers.  There are some that already enegage in target practice at moving targets with our currently legal hunting firearms.  I don't think anything changes with semi auto. Especially with a mag restriction.  Those that try to be marksmen will be and those that don't, don't.

I once took 4 shots at a doe. No idea how I missed her on the first three. But it was nice having the three extra in my lever gun. In most cases all  have been one and done with the exception of a few that moved a little too long for my liking and got another insurance shot.

post edited by dpms - 2013/02/06 16:46:12

dpms
Pro Angler
Re:Legal in the SRA, evil outside of them 2013/02/06 16:39:05 (permalink)
wayne c

The question was answered best in posts 17 and post 24 yet again on page one.   Dont like the answer, as the Russians would say....tough shytsky.

Now on the issue of why you blame the person on one occasion and the gun on another, the best I could tell was that you justified why it is the person that matters and not the firearm on gun rights issues is because owning semi auto firearms is a right. Am I correct on that? If so,  I am right to assume that you feel that only because of the second ammendment to the Constitution, citizens should be able to own semi automatic firearms? If that is correct then I understand why the shifting blame.

Good luck with your efforts   N'at.   Youre gonna need it. lmao.

Thanks. I realize that I am going to need it, LOL. But, I am seeing attitudes shifting a bit on this topic. So, in the end, we are closer than we were a few months ago.

wayne c
Pro Angler
Re:Legal in the SRA, evil outside of them 2013/02/06 18:59:06 (permalink)
From post 17  page one.
Because its two completely different issues. It is my right to own a gun. It is not my right to shoot a deer (or bear or turkey or...) with anything that I want, from spear to lazer cannon.

post 24 page one. 
Our right is to own guns, and like it or not its only common sense that it be subjected to reasonable regulation. What is and what isnt reasonable regulation is open to debate. That right doesnt extend to us being able to just do anything we want with our guns. Try carrying your black rifle to the next presidential address.

You decide on a pose for that 'yote yet?

dpms
Pro Angler
Re:Legal in the SRA, evil outside of them 2013/02/06 19:24:35 (permalink)
wayne c
You decide on a pose for that 'yote yet?

Why yes I did. Moving right to left in a trot. Left front leg back and off the ground. Slight left turn to the head with ears natural and not alert. Some grass bending left to right to make it appear the coyote is moving into the wind. Old, weathered fencepost behind the head with some rusty wire as if the dog is working a old fenceline.

Now, if the coyote comes out looking like a coyote I will be a happy man.

wayne c
Pro Angler
Re:Legal in the SRA, evil outside of them 2013/02/06 19:59:11 (permalink)
Sounds like a nice touch with the fence post & wire.  Be sure ta' post a pic when finished!

Any word on turn around time?  

-

dpms
Pro Angler
Re:Legal in the SRA, evil outside of them 2013/02/06 21:23:37 (permalink)
late summer.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: