Dano Rocks

Author
swinger
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1376
  • Reward points: 0
2012/12/18 10:40:30 (permalink)

Dano Rocks

Well since Glen/Bob finally put up some pics I thought some may be worried about Dano as well. I invited him over to fish river X with me for a day. Along with Glen and Bob, Dano has been kind enough to show me some of his home water. Its only right for me to do the same. The day was planned, the area was scouted and prefished the day before. I had an idea fishing would be good. Good was an understatement. I should have taken more pics but we were trying to stay under the radar as much as we could. So here we go.

Usually when I swing I can keep the days events in the correct timeline. But today there were too many events to keep track of. I let Dano go through first. I think he landed his first fish within the first 20 minutes. It wasnt his biggest fish ever. But it put us on the board and more importantly it took the monkey off my back. I dont have the greatest track record of putting guests on fish, just ask KJ. Nice fly choice there Dano. It looks good hanging there dont it?

After that this was not an uncommon site.

We banged up the first area and moved on. I wanted to go to the "good spot" but angler pressure would not allow. So we put the boots to the ground and headed the other direction. This run can be a tad difficult to cast so I went first. I put on a classy mixed wing and quickly got bit. Thats all I needed. I quickly jumped out and let him have at it. Next thing I know he looks like this again!

This fish  was a bit different. If you know Dano you know he likes to talk alittle at times. I asked him to please stop talking and work on getting this one to hand. It may not have gone down as nicely as I just stated, but thats what I meant.

He went to work and got the job done!!!

After that one he quietly landed one more and we called it a day.  As far as numbers go that will go down as some of the best 6 hours I have ever had swinging.  I really didnt fish that much by choice because right now I have the oppertunity to fish it quite a bit. It was more important to me to give him the best experience I could. With some help from the fish I believe I did. At one point I believe he tried to hug me. But we settled on a hand shake. Dano you could of done it and it would have been all good. Thanks for coming over and let me know if you want to do it again.

post edited by swinger - 2012/12/18 12:55:09

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!

10 Replies Related Threads

woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8537
    Re:Dano Rocks 2012/12/18 10:53:12 (permalink)
    Nice job on both counts! Dano is a good man...:) He do talk alot but fun to hear.lol Thanks for sharing.

CroatianSensation
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 209
    Re:Dano Rocks 2012/12/18 10:56:10 (permalink)
    Way to go bro!

"Nothing Nails Fish Like a Hammer!!"
                       www.hammerlures.com
    D-nymph
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6701
    Re:Dano Rocks 2012/12/18 11:06:50 (permalink)
    No doubt dano is the mano!
    Plum Bob
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 575
    Re:Dano Rocks 2012/12/18 11:28:16 (permalink)
    Great job, Barry!  Dan Called me Mon. eve to tell me about his day. An hr later, had the whole story. River X was good to you guys. Water looks nice, 2nd fish pic is a real beauty. Merry Xmas!
    Bob
    dano
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3032
    Re:Dano Rocks 2012/12/18 13:40:22 (permalink)
    Barry, I was trying to kiss you, not hug you. A big wet one.
    Absolutely awesome...I owe you big time. You are one finely skilled steelheader. Thank You for showing me X
    It wasn't just the catching, but the the whole experience. Putting every together, the scenery, perfect water, then the schooling from hang down to hang down and having it all come to fruition with a thump was priceless. He!! I didn't even mind when I thrust that #2 hook into my face. It actually makes the whole experience more memorable.
    Next time, we got to get Glen and Bob down there.
    Bob, At the end of the day, I threw your bunny fly out there as a truibute and it hooked the last two fish of the day.
    (Gas at 3.16/gal kept me smiling on the way home).
    Wish my pics would have come out but camera fail did those in.
    The only pic that came out half decent.

A simple roll cast:?

post edited by dano - 2012/12/18 18:46:00
    dano
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3032
    Re:Dano Rocks 2012/12/18 13:55:44 (permalink)
    Camera Fail on one hot running fish:
    post edited by dano - 2012/12/18 18:49:01
    mohawksyd
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 854
    Re:Dano Rocks 2012/12/18 17:41:38 (permalink)
    Sweet!  Keep 'em coming, Gentlemen!!

"For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught...but what he has caught when he has caught no fish." - John H. Bradley

pafisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3000
    Re:Dano Rocks 2012/12/18 18:12:12 (permalink)
    Gas at $3.15 per gal............hhmmmmm I think I know where you were.
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5029
    Re:Dano Rocks 2012/12/18 18:39:09 (permalink)
    Nice water and fish.
    Gonna have to watch you twohanders some day.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

troutguy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 642
    Re:Dano Rocks 2012/12/19 16:46:19 (permalink)
    Awsome pics! 

Ohio???  You don't need to tell.  That's where I'm fishin though
    Jump to: