This Christmas.....

Author
steely34
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1280
  • Reward points: 0
2012/11/30 16:17:47 (permalink)

This Christmas.....

Recently I've had the opportunity to realize just how important friends, family, and this time of year truly is. This tie, which is a gift to an another, took on a whole new purpose to me and although it is not perfect - the time I spent on it was meaningful. I don't mean to share it with you to "showcase" - I only mean to share it with feeling. My friends here on the forum and elsewhere - we have shared some times that have meant so much to me and my thanks to you all for the conversations and our times on the water. It's amazing how this connection can bring meaning to ones life.
So this Christmas - remember whats truly important. Forget about the things that don't matter and focus on the things that do. Life is too short to surround ones self with thoughts that have no purpose.

I'm fine - I just have to reconnect.........................and I have.

"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it..... you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."

John Gierach

3 Replies Related Threads

Catchabigone
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 509
    Re:This Christmas..... 2012/11/30 19:16:18 (permalink)
    Truly a beautiful work of art and a great message Steely
    Thank you for sharing and Merry Christmas to you

Look to the heavens and thank God everyday that hunting is such a grand part of our lives.
    Ted Nugent

Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    Re:This Christmas..... 2012/11/30 20:52:57 (permalink)
    Absolutely beautiful!!!    Thank you for sharing and may your season be blessed!
    slabdaddy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1780
    Re:This Christmas..... 2012/11/30 21:35:31 (permalink)
    That is gorgeous buddy. I've never known you to use an empty word. Your humility humbles me. Bless you.

“If you're in trouble, or hurt or in need - go to the poor people. They're the only ones that'll help - the only ones.”
    John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath
    Jump to: