An honest report?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Cold
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7358
  • Reward points: 0
Re:An honest report? 2012/09/25 18:36:42 (permalink)
flat lander

In a perfect world that is what I would do. But unfortunately trying to pick a weekend that makes everyone I come up there with happy is next to impossible. This year we are coming up October 26th. I will watch the weather closely the week before but regardless of what the forecast is, I'll be in the water on the 26th.

So if you know the exact day you will be there, regardless of conditions, reports, etc., over a month in advance...why do you even care about reports, as they obviously have no impact whatsoever on your fishing decisions? 

If I were you, I wouldn't even bother watching the weather until the day before.
Mr.Slickfish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4528
Re:An honest report? 2012/09/25 20:05:59 (permalink)
I remember those days...we used to rent our front yard to muperes for salmon season in the pIgpEn. Al hadn't invented the inter web yet, so we.... and they fished on faith....and the word of the neighbor. I can remember rt 98 being parked bumper to bumper all the way to rt20.

"They" fished low and clear, high and muddy, whitecaps, rollers....people were more appreciative back then.

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
slabdaddy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1780
Re:An honest report? 2012/09/25 20:16:58 (permalink)
Were posts removed? Uh oh.

“If you're in trouble, or hurt or in need - go to the poor people. They're the only ones that'll help - the only ones.”
John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath
deetz4352
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3549
Re:An honest report? 2012/09/25 20:20:20 (permalink)
You want an honest opinion , try PM somebody. Im sure you will get less BS that way , OR maybe you will get more , chance you have to take.I give my Opinion and you can take it for what its worth , my opinion may be completely the opposite from somebody else's.

As far as Im concerned I went out of town today to fish. May only be 75 miles round trip but I went to try my luck. I will say this though , It was a better day to go fishing than it was to go to work  , for a change.

The Deetz
Fishermen are born honest,but they get over it
fish whisper
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 529
Re:An honest report? 2012/09/25 22:47:42 (permalink)
For the locals on the board with smart phones we'll have to keep out of towners up to date from the creek. Next time I find a nice stack of fish after searching most of my day off I wili get right on the page and tell everyone they are there for convinence.
chrisrowboat
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 688
Re:An honest report? 2012/09/25 23:51:46 (permalink)

Here you go...
In Oct there are fish in the stream, September few and usually at the lake end of Tribs. Bigger the waters= more fish in them.
Remember it is called fishing{phishing}, not catching.

Proud to have been a FOT/
I've been out fishing.
Clean your gear/
http://www.fish.state.pa.us/cleanyourgear.htm

cbeagler
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1811
Re:An honest report? 2012/09/26 00:27:00 (permalink)
^
^
^
^
^
That post, that one right there. +1
cbeagler
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1811
Re:An honest report? 2012/09/26 00:36:44 (permalink)
Mr.Slickfish

I remember those days...we used to rent our front yard to muperes for salmon season in the pIgpEn. Al hadn't invented the inter web yet, so we.... and they fished on faith....and the word of the neighbor. I can remember rt 98 being parked bumper to bumper all the way to rt20.

"They" fished low and clear, high and muddy, whitecaps, rollers....people were more appreciative back then.

Ah, my fellow veteran of the Coho Wars.  You nailed it.
How did you get info? You called on a phone that was wired to a wall that had this funny round thing called a dial.
What were the conditions? Watch WJET24 weather. And stop at the K-Mart for the bright orange vinyl rain poncho or rain suit.
There were no noodle rods, no gore tex, no flourocarbon,

There was a fishing hotline that was updated daily by the Lake Erie Downriggers.  Pretty simple. The fish are coming in, or the run is full on. "They are being caught on bomber model A's and flatfish. Remember light colors for light days and dark colors for dark days. Fish are being caught at the mouths on egg sacks, orange KO Wobblers and Little Cleos (that was back in the day of the R-rated version of the spoon)." I can still hear her voice.

CroatianSensation
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 209
Re:An honest report? 2012/09/26 09:01:10 (permalink)
TheSlamminSalmon

Most locals. I see if someone does report, it gets bashed.

Then do the only logical thing....go find out for yourself...simple!  If you find that driving so far is not worth just a few fish or none at all, then wait until October....again simple!
flat lander
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 70
Re:An honest report? 2012/09/26 09:17:02 (permalink)
Cold

flat lander

In a perfect world that is what I would do. But unfortunately trying to pick a weekend that makes everyone I come up there with happy is next to impossible. This year we are coming up October 26th. I will watch the weather closely the week before but regardless of what the forecast is, I'll be in the water on the 26th.

So if you know the exact day you will be there, regardless of conditions, reports, etc., over a month in advance...why do you even care about reports, as they obviously have no impact whatsoever on your fishing decisions? 

If I were you, I wouldn't even bother watching the weather until the day before.

Well it used to be just me and 1 buddy who would make the trip. I watched the weather pretty closely and we waited for a front to blow through and drop some rain. We'd plan to get there a day or two after the rain and that normally made for a pretty good 3 day trip. This year I'm following the weather pretty much to torture myself haha
flat lander
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 70
Re:An honest report? 2012/09/26 09:19:21 (permalink)
Cold 

flat lander 

And if you were me, youd'd be better looking
post edited by flat lander - 2012/09/26 09:21:06
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: