Southern Trout

Author
cbeagler
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1811
  • Reward points: 0
2012/08/17 21:35:45 (permalink)

Southern Trout

I posted this in fly fishing too. I will be taking my son back to South Carolina this week. My route back to Erie from Greenville, SC is through North Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia.  I am taking my 3 weight with me for the return journey and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some blue ridge trout fishing.

3 Replies Related Threads

Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2852
    Re:Southern Trout 2012/08/17 21:43:07 (permalink)
    Not the most direct route, but my wife and I honeymooned in Dillsboro, NC near the Cherokee National Forest.  15 years ago this month.  

Don't remember all the names of streams that I fished, but there was a great mix of wild and stocked fish.  I really enjoyed fishing the Tuckasegee River.  Did not get a chance to fish the Nantahala River in that area, but it's a pretty solid trout river from what I understand.

Back then, the state and the Cherokee Nation both had hatcheries in the area and stocked streams.  Needed an extra permit (don't remember the cost) to fish tribal waters though.   
    doubletaper
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3977
    Re:Southern Trout 2012/08/18 08:18:57 (permalink)
    cbeagler

I posted this in fly fishing too. I will be taking my son back to South Carolina this week. My route back to Erie from Greenville, SC is through North Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia.  I am taking my 3 weight with me for the return journey and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some blue ridge trout fishing.

my son is a guide out of asheville NC. guides near the blue ridge. PM sent.

http://streamsidetales.bl...015/05/helles-yea.html
    it's not luck
    if success is consistent 

deerhuntingpa
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 53
    Re:Southern Trout 2012/08/21 15:18:24 (permalink)
    dry run in west virgina its right below canaan valley

Jump to: