Canada Bound - But Where??

Author
mohawksyd
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 854
  • Reward points: 0
2012/07/30 21:55:40 (permalink)

Canada Bound - But Where??

Okay, Fellow Fly-Fisherpeople:  I need your input.

I got a wild hair to plan a fishing trip to Southern Ontario in September.  Primarily keying in on browns, brookies, and bows, but that's not to say I won't try my hand at the big boys while I'm there.  I've been researching several different rivers: Bayfield, Bighead, Bronte (Ck), Humber, Maitland, Nottawasaga, Maitland, and Speed.  Lots of public access on each, which makes it easily self-guided.

The internet has provided me with a plethora of information...dare I say, too much information.  And it's made making a final decision really difficult.  Much like Erie, however, I can choose one destination and still be within a short radius of others.

Anyone care to please offer up any advice  and, perhaps moreover, share any experiences and recommendations?

Be well and take care!

"Syd"

"For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught...but what he has caught when he has caught no fish." - John H. Bradley

2 Replies Related Threads

mohawksyd
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 854
    Re:Canada Bound - But Where?? 2012/08/03 13:21:41 (permalink)
    Bump

"For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught...but what he has caught when he has caught no fish." - John H. Bradley

Chris Johnson 2
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re:Canada Bound - But Where?? 2012/08/03 20:53:38 (permalink)
    When I was a kid we would go to Whitney Ontario once a year, fly fish the la Maube (mob- not sure of spelling) for trout.  We caught a lot of smallmouth via boat in the small lakes in the area, and would carry canoes to these remote lakes to chase pike.  It was a great time, but when you're young, camping and catching fish is always fun.   

Jump to: