Are they in yet?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
slabdaddy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1780
  • Reward points: 0
Re:Are they in yet? 2012/07/11 22:59:30 (permalink)
Best yet is to take a Jack and gut it. Leave the head on, slit the skin open from back to belly 3 or 4 times on each side, put garlic&sea salt seasoning on the inside and lemon/pepper seasoning on the outside, and wrap in tinfoil. Throw this on the grill and you have yourself one delicious trout. When you open the tinfoil, the skin sticks to it exposing the meat. The meat flakes right off of the bone, yielding boneless bite after boneless bite. Delicious. Try it with pellet heads too. It's the only way to make stock trout edible.
Cold
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7358
Re:Are they in yet? 2012/07/11 23:55:14 (permalink)
slabdaddy

Best yet is to take a Jack and gut it. Leave the head on, slit the skin open from back to belly 3 or 4 times on each side, put garlic&sea salt seasoning on the inside and lemon/pepper seasoning on the outside, and wrap in tinfoil. Throw this on the grill and you have yourself one delicious trout. When you open the tinfoil, the skin sticks to it exposing the meat. The meat flakes right off of the bone, yielding boneless bite after boneless bite. Delicious. Try it with pellet heads too. It's the only way to make stock trout edible.

Completely agree that this (or something close to this) is the best way to eat pellet heads.  Only definite improvement would be to replace the grill with the coals of a good campfire. :)
Mr.Slickfish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4528
Re:Are they in yet? 2012/07/12 07:43:16 (permalink)
I like to saute mine in the dumpster.

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
XtopwaterkingX
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 211
Re:Are they in yet? 2012/07/12 08:03:44 (permalink)
Hahaha Slickfish an I have the same cookbook, i usually wrap mine in a used pamper first though......locks in the juices
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4026
Re:Are they in yet? 2012/07/12 10:06:16 (permalink)
Cold

slabdaddy

Completely agree that this (or something close to this) is the best way to eat pellet heads.  Only definite improvement would be to replace the grill with the coals of a good campfire. :)

Why is it that EVERYTHING seems to taste better when wrapped in tin foil and cooked directly in hot coals?  I could sit down and eat a dozen ears of corn or 6 baked potatoes when done that way....

I'm gonna have to leave a wally whole, gutted and gilled and try one that way someday.  Not that it needs it but a little healthier than pan frying or deep frying the majority of the time.

cbeagler
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1811
Re:Are they in yet? 2012/07/12 10:15:58 (permalink)
slabdaddy

So all of the yellow rope jokes are in reference to the "weekend Warriors" from other parts of the state that swarm in to overcrowd the streams? I'm just asking because last year I had people asking me if I was using a yellow rope and I figured it was some kind of insult. I just didn't know what it meant. I equated it with helmet wearing and window licking at the time. LOL! Now I see it's a term used for "outsiders who keep fish instead of catch and release." Right?

There is plenty of local rope here too,  goes with camo nascar hats, camo neoprenes when it is still in the 80's, etc.  I keep a few myself and when I am dragging them back down the stream to the truck the yellow rope doesn't cut into my hand as much as a regular stringer.
And a blue is the going color now, it matches the power bait.
Skip16503
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4028
Re:Are they in yet? 2012/07/12 10:59:30 (permalink)
The last rope I saw was Slicks Pink one

Mr.Slickfish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4528
Re:Are they in yet? 2012/07/12 11:55:17 (permalink)

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5029
Re:Are they in yet? 2012/07/12 17:41:26 (permalink)
Although UFA members must use a Green rope, It's in the rules.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

cbeagler
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1811
Re:Are they in yet? 2012/07/12 18:19:04 (permalink)
Bing
I saw that you posted and I was certain that you were going to post some fresh chrome pics.

slabdaddy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1780
Re:Are they in yet? 2012/07/12 20:09:36 (permalink)
eyesandgillz

Cold

slabdaddy

Why is it that EVERYTHING seems to taste better when wrapped in tin foil and cooked directly in hot coals?  I could sit down and eat a dozen ears of corn or 6 baked potatoes when done that way....

I'm gonna have to leave a wally whole, gutted and gilled and try one that way someday.  Not that it needs it but a little healthier than pan frying or deep frying the majority of the time.

Definately try it with the eyes. Only don't use lemon pepper and garlic. Use butter (not margerine or oleo) and mince some sweet onions to put in the belly cavity, then squirt all over with lemon juice from a plastic lemon. Trust me.
woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8537
Re:Are they in yet? 2012/07/13 00:01:05 (permalink)
YUM!
Pork

but if you wanna be UBER cool & save the $1 a stringer costs....
just use rocks.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: