Hunters United for Sunday Hunting

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
huntsunday
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points: 0
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/25 14:46:42 (permalink)
Farmers wanted more of those species to be hunted.

Several years back, the legislature created a law that allows farmers to kill deer for crop damage.
Since farmers can now kill deer for crop damage 24/7/365; they don't need to have hunters on Sunday for deer; although some would like to have hunters control their population rather than them doing it themselves. They still must clean the deer and notify the PGC within a certain time - and some farmers don't want to be inconvenienced by that- 

Some farmers want Sunday hunting.  Others do not.  It will be a freedom of choice issue once the prohibition is lifted; and IF the PGC makes deer hunting on Sunday lawful.  The Commissioners have indicated to me that won't happen for some time.  If they add anything it may be small game, or groundhogs, or similar, or they may not impliment anything at all.  Its that simple.

"The Constitution must not be construed with such rigor and inflexibility that we not only violate accepted principles of interpretation, but we destroy the rights which the Constitution intended to guard." ~ US Supreme Court
www.huntsunday.com

S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/25 15:57:44 (permalink)
I was listening when the results of the survey were given to the Board of Game Commissioners. I doubt they were being lied to.
huntsunday
New Angler
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/25 17:10:29 (permalink)
Not to get off topic, but I was there and had the opportunity to actually discuss the results; as I was there when they were presented. 
I suggest if you want an accurate picture of the survey results, you call either Joe Neville or Ms. Jagnow at 717-787-4250. 

"The Constitution must not be construed with such rigor and inflexibility that we not only violate accepted principles of interpretation, but we destroy the rights which the Constitution intended to guard." ~ US Supreme Court
www.huntsunday.com

S-10
Pro Angler
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/25 18:01:58 (permalink)
Interesting ---- and yet just a couple posts ago you stated you looked at them and posted the link.  I think I will put my boots on now.  When are you going to tell us how what you are trying to do is going to improve either the lack of places to hunt or the amount of game to hunt for the majority of hunters. After all your own QDMA states it is a major problem.

I would imagine the spin doctors have formulated their own version of the meaning of the survey by now since it counterdicted what they had been claiming for years.  We all saw what happened to the CAC's when they didn't go as expected. 
post edited by S-10 - 2012/06/25 18:29:22
dpms
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3509
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/25 18:10:42 (permalink)
S-10
c. Explain how forcing Sunday hunting on unwilling landowners is going to increase available land to hunt-------remember, you cited trying to increase hunter retention and recruitment as the reason for pushing this issue.

The PFB tried that angle and caught alot of flack for it. Nothing is being forced on anyone. Landowners control who is on their land now. SH will not change that. For many of the landowners that I converse with ATV trespass in the number one concern, not hunters. To quote a buddy of mine, owning land has it perks and downsides. You cannot want to own cows then complain about the stink.
I wish I owned a few hundred acres. Would welcome the opportunity to be "worried" about hunters trespassing.

My rifle is a black rifle
S-10
Pro Angler
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/25 18:38:26 (permalink)
Their option is a simple one for them but a bad one for those who rely on their land to hunt. I know some who say they will post and one who already has because he got tired of hearing about it. Ironhed says a landowner near him stated he would post 5,000 acres. You don't tell a landowner what to do with his land without problems. The PA landowners assoc came about as a result of folks telling them what to do with their land.
dpms
Pro Angler
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/25 19:13:17 (permalink)
S-10 
You don't tell a landowner what to do with his land without problems. The PA landowners assoc came about as a result of folks telling them what to do with their land.

I would agree but no one is telling anyone what to do with their land.  Landowners using that angle as leverage is shallow. The same arguement could be made for hunting on Wednesdays or Saturdays, could it not? In essence, because hunting is currently legal most of the week, landowners are being forced to allow hunting, according to this angle.

It really is unfortunate to hear the threats before any Sunday is added to any season.  Basically closing land out of spite. If these landowners truly welcomed hunters, it will reopen with time.

S-10
Pro Angler
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/25 19:51:47 (permalink)
My guess is you don't own any acerage because if you did you would see  it from a different perspective. I own two fairly small but stratecially located pieces of property. I have put up with other hunters on them for 40 years and other landowners have let me hunt theirs. Sunday is the only day I work my property during hunting season. I don't want to get into pizzin matches because I screwed up someone's Sunday hunt. My options will be either post no Sunday hunting or solve all my problems. Living 100 miles from here you and Kathy don't care. There are some here that deeply care.  Multiply that times a few thousand landowners facing the same decision.
dpms
Pro Angler
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/25 20:10:22 (permalink)
S-10
My guess is you don't own any acerage because if you did you would see  it from a different perspective.

My acreage is 1/3 of a acre. Wish it were 133 but it is not.

Sunday is the only day I work my property during hunting season.

So you only work your land on Sundays from October till the end of February or is it it just during peak season? Not sure about were you are at but around here few hunters are in the woods even on Saturdays outside of the peak season and close to none on weekdays. If I did own a sustantial plot, I could not see my self not working my land any day I wish with maybe the exception of a few days during rifle deer and spring tukey.

I don't want to get into pizzin matches because I screwed up someone's Sunday hunt.

Neither would I but any hunter that would get into a pizzin match with me the lanowner would be sent packing in short order.

Living 100 miles from here you and Kathy don't care. There are some here that deeply care. 

That is where you are terribly wrong and frankly I am somewhat surprised you make that kind of comment and direct it at me.  I have been on the front lines on very public places working to make sure that no land is closed as a result of any change to our SH laws.  Many times I have pleaded with hunters to talk with their landowners who have stated that the land they hunt will be closed. Many times I have asked for specifics during these discussions for one reason. To help ease landowner concerns and attempt to address them if changes are made. I care deeply about it despite you wishing to paint me otherwise, S-10.

post edited by dpms - 2012/06/25 20:22:19

Ironhed
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1892
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/25 20:11:47 (permalink)
Ironhed says a landowner near him stated he would post 5,000 acres.

+1

Ironhed

Blacktop Charters
dpms
Pro Angler
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/25 20:26:03 (permalink)
And as far as caring about landowner relations and the SH issue. I have recently completed talking to every landowner whose land I hunt regarding this topic. And I hunt alot of private property. I would not say that these are the actions of someone who doesn't care.

S-10
Pro Angler
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/25 20:39:43 (permalink)
I care deeply about it despite you wishing to paint me otherwise, S-10.

The reason is you are trying to push Sunday hunting without losing land to hunt when the landowners (at least many) are telling us they don't want us. It's the old adage--- what part of NO don't you understand.
Perhaps it's due to not being a landowner yourself. 
 Now, on the other side is those hunter/landowners who don't have an access problem and who have their land posted, control the game numbers, and who just want to hunt it on Sunday. This lawsuit may help them but to the detriment of the vast majority of hunters.

dpms
Pro Angler
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/25 21:06:51 (permalink)
S-10
The reason is you are trying to push Sunday hunting without losing land to hunt when the landowners (at least many) are telling us they don't want us. It's the old adage--- what part of NO don't you understand.
Perhaps it's due to not being a landowner yourself. 

Actually, I have never pushed Sunday hunting. My goal is to see the PGC in charge of regulating hunting every day of the week. 

"what part of no don't you understand" Right out of the PFB playbook.  I wonder if the PGC will tell the PFB "what part of no don't you understand" the next time the PFB asks for another tool to control crop damage? I understand no and that is why if regulatory control is transferred, I would urge a slow guarded approach to address any concerns. All are free, you, I and the PFB, to express your thoughts on why implementing additional Sunday hunting opportunties would be bad for hunting. It would be the PGC making the decisions as they should be.

Now, on the other side is those hunter/landowners who don't have an access problem and who have their land posted, control the game numbers, and who just want to hunt it on Sunday. This lawsuit may help them but to the detriment of the vast majority of hunters.

I tend to think you are neglecting to mention the many hunters that hunt Pa's vast public lands who will gain opportunities.  The case can be made that these hunters, whose numbers are large, have been dealt the short end of the stick because of our existing SH laws. Unposted private land is rare and will get rarer even without this issue moving forward.  

As far as a change to the SH law being detrimental to the vast majority. I will repsectfully disagree. Short term and especially long term, I believe it will benefit the vast majority.

post edited by dpms - 2012/06/25 21:26:30

S-10
Pro Angler
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/25 21:34:51 (permalink)
You keep referencing the PFB but forget that it is the majority of ALL landowners who are against it. The PFB just has a spokesperson to convey their message. As for the public holdings, The pressure of  HR the last decade has led to their being the fewest deer on them of all the ground in the state  to the point that many areas are not worth hunting and you will be forcing more hunters on them as land gets posted.

As several on here have said in the past, address the declining game numbers and then discuss Sunday hunting. More time to hunt for less game will not increase hunter sastification, retention, or recruitment as our recent history has proven.

As for the PGC listening to us and making the decisions, explain to me why they just based their current doe allocations on the same number of deer in the state as we had BEFORE the start of HR.
As for claiming --what part of no don't you understand--- being out of the PFB playbook--- that is what I mean about not listening but just trying to tell the landowner what to do-----

BTW--- I stay out of my woods (unless I am hunting it) 6 days a week when deer or turkey is in season.
post edited by S-10 - 2012/06/25 22:00:33
huntsunday
New Angler
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/25 23:24:32 (permalink)
How exactly would your  (or your friend's) property rights be infringed?

I think you know how my rights are being stomped on if you read the thread.

www.huntsunday.com

thunderpole
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 933
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/26 02:02:04 (permalink)
Juse because land is "posted"doesn't mean you can't hunt it ,you still can with the land owners permission ,im not a land owner but I know alot do because they dont want the dirty dutch and everyone else hunting it,even if its " public access" you still need permission ,if you dont wana hunt on Sunday then dont,I sure will everyone of them to,and thats my right your license dont cost more then mine,and if you dont want me hunting your land on Sunday thats fine its your land, sunday hunting ant the end of the world or killing every animal, a true sportsman has morales not like the dutch and poachers ,worry about them not the licensed animal loving guy who works 5 days a week with no vacation time to hunt weekdays that respects the wildlife I mean really I think your all getting bent out of shape for nothing

I'd rather be lucky then good,but im to good to be lucky
huntsunday
New Angler
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/26 06:06:58 (permalink)
Thunder,

In the San Julian PSU study; exactly that was said. 75% of posted land allows some form of hunting.

If you have a good relationship with your landowner, chances are he will still let you hunt, but he might limit the day of the week.

S-10, I went back and re-read the study to refresh my memory.  

A Likert scale is one that measures your like or dislike of something, or a pain level.  On a scale of 1-5; how much pain are you in with one being the least and 5 being the most? That is an example of a Likert scale. 
Seems to me when you read through it and view it as intended, most of the hunters were satisfied; but having more time to hunt was pretty high on the list of some folks. 

www.huntsunday.com

dpms
Pro Angler
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/26 06:28:07 (permalink)
s-10,

You keep stating that landowners are somehow being told what to do. This is perplexing to me. Exactly how are landowners being told what to do when it comes to hunting in PA.

S-10
Pro Angler
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/26 07:29:51 (permalink)
It shouldn't be perplexing to anyone who has actually listened or read what many landowners have been saying or writing about their feelings on the subject the last couple years.
Many hunters understand their feelings and listened to their warnings which is in large part why they didn't support Sunday hunting when they had the chance to get it passed.
Perhaps you and others should go back and review the history without having the attitude of how can I rebut what the landowners are saying because this isn't a debate with them. It's many of them saying they don't want us and if they post it won't be just no Sundays.

The other option is go ahead and push the issue and then prepare the spin for why so much more land is placed off limits just as the PGC and their supporters have been doing we lost so much land as a result of AR/HR. Spin doctoring seems to be the popular fall back position for hunting related issues since 2001.

IMO this is nothing more than a few people with their own private property wanting to hunt it regardless of what it means for the rest of the states hunters or the states game numbers or the long term future of hunting.
That is the last I intend to say on this thread. Have a good day.
huntsunday
New Angler
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/26 19:07:13 (permalink)

From 2003- and as a result of heavy posting during the 90s.

Abstract:
Recent reductions in access to private property have resulted in declining availability of private land for recreational purposes, including hunting. In Pennsylvania, access to such land for deer hunting is critical to effectively manage the Commonwealth's deer herd. Posting is among the most commonly used means a private landowner has available to limit access to property. This study examined landowners' motivations to post their land against hunting and other recreational uses. Nearly 70% of all landowners in a mail survey posted their property. Variables that increased landowner likelihood of posting included past problems with recreational users, location, number of acres owned, and concerns about property rights, illegal hunting activities, safety, and potential liability issues. Variables that decreased the likelihood of posting included length of ownership, ownership primarily for agricultural purposes, and concern about deer-related damages. Implications of these findings are advanced.
Outdoors: Penn State study shows 7 in 10 landowners post their property and that the trend will likely continue
Sunday, August 31, 2003 By Ben Moyer A recently completed Penn State study set out to identify the factors driving a trend that hunters see all around them -- an increase in private land posted against hunting. Private land is an important element of Pennsylvania's hunting culture. According to the Center for Rural Pennsylvania, about 55 percent of all hunting trips in the state take place on private land, while state-owned lands provide the setting for about 38 percent of Pennsylvania hunting outings. Virtually all cropland in the state and nearly three-quarters of all forest land is privately owned. Hunting provides valuable recreation for about 900,000 Pennsylvanians, and it is the only practical way of managing deer populations on the landscape. "There seems to be a trend developing for more property owners to post their land," said Gary San Julian, Penn State professor of wildlife resources who supervised the research. "Deer managers need to better understand why landowners allow and deny access to their property, so they can identify outreach needs and strategies for meeting recreational and resource-management goals." The researchers surveyed 1,900 landowners in three Pennsylvania counties about their attitudes toward access to private property, whether or not they posted signs, what factors influenced that decision and what government policies might influence them to change their mind. Three diverse counties were selected to enable researchers to compare landowner attitudes under a range of social and environmental conditions. The three counties studied were Greene in the southwest, Pike in the northeast and York in the southeast. Pike County is dominated by forests, but it is the fastest-growing county in the state with a rapid influx of permanent and seasonal residents from New York City and Philadelphia. York County is predominantly agricultural, but growing rapidly along the suburban corridor between Harrisburg and Baltimore. Greene County holds a mixture of forests and agriculture, but has not experienced significant urban or suburban growth. Sixty-nine percent (nearly seven in 10) of responding landowners in the three counties said they posted signs on their land. The percentage of landowners posting signs ranged from a low of 60 percent in York County to a high of 88 percent in Pike County. Just under two-thirds (63 percent) of Greene County landowners said they posted signs. Landowners who had recently purchased property and owners of forest land were more likely to post them, while owners of agricultural land and those concerned about deer damage were less likely. Thirty-two percent of landowners in the three counties who posted cited the desire to "control who is on the land" as the single most important reason influencing their decision. Other important reasons were: human safety, 19 percent; liability concerns, 15 percent; reserve wildlife for family/friends, 7 percent; and property damage, 4 percent. "People just want some knowledge and control of who is on their property," San Julian said. "And it also seems increasingly evident that even people who don't post really like hunters to stop in and say hello -- to let them know what visitors are up to. They like to maintain that contact." Among landowners who did not post signs, the most important reason for their decision was "control deer population," cited by 14 percent of respondents in the three counties. Eleven percent decided not to post because of their "relationship with neighbors," and 6 percent said they kept their land open because it was a family tradition. The survey confirmed the importance of courteous behavior by hunters while hunting on private land. More than two-thirds (70 percent) of posting landowners said they had experienced problems with people who used their land for recreation, and 39 percent said they decided to post because of a bad experience with people on their property. The situation may not be as bleak, however, as some hunters assume. "When land is posted, the common assumption is that the owners do not want any hunting on their land," said Coren Jagnow, a doctoral student who did much of the research. "Our data suggests that this may not be the case at all. Clearly, owners want to control who is on their land. But just because land is posted doesn't mean that hunting with permission is strictly prohibited. Three quarters of posting landowners still allow some hunting on their properties." According to the survey, six percent of posting landowners actually use signs that read, "Hunting with permission only," indicating that a good impression and respect for private property can still win hunting opportunities for strangers on private land. Use of the "hunting with permission only" sign was most prevalent in Greene County (used by 10 percent of posting landowners), and least so in Pike (1 percent). Jagnow cautioned that hunters cannot rely on deer damage as a justification to expect to be admitted to private land. "There is also a perceived idea that when landowners experience damage to their property from deer, they will open their land to hunting," he said. "Our data suggests that this is not necessarily the case. Owners remain more concerned with their experiences with recreationists and wanting exclusive use of their land. Those landowners who had a negative experience with recreationists on their land are unlikely to open their properties under any circumstances." The researchers concluded that because new landowners are more likely to post signs on their property, compared to those who have owned their property for longer periods, the trend toward posting is likely to continue. The results also indicate that posting landowners are not likely to open their land in response to changes in hunting policy, such as antler restrictions or firearms restrictions. The 58 percent of landowners who currently do not post signs said they would do so if Sunday hunting were legalized in Pennsylvania. The days of hunters enjoying casual access to private property in Pennsylvania are gone. Many of the factors contributing to posted property are beyond the control of hunters and the Pennsylvania Game Commission. The Penn State data shows that every hunter can minimize the impact of posting on Pennsylvania's hunting tradition by presenting a positive image, respecting private property and asking permission before entering land whose boundaries are as unmarked.

Abstract:
Recent reductions in access to private property have resulted in declining availability of private land for recreational purposes, including hunting. In Pennsylvania, access to such land for deer hunting is critical to effectively manage the Commonwealth's deer herd. Posting is among the most commonly used means a private landowner has available to limit access to property. This study examined landowners' motivations to post their land against hunting and other recreational uses. Nearly 70% of all landowners in a mail survey posted their property. Variables that increased landowner likelihood of posting included past problems with recreational users, location, number of acres owned, and concerns about property rights, illegal hunting activities, safety, and potential liability issues. Variables that decreased the likelihood of posting included length of ownership, ownership primarily for agricultural purposes, and concern about deer-related damages. Implications of these findings are advanced.

And a news article on the topic. 
Outdoors: Penn State study shows 7 in 10 landowners post their property and that the trend will likely continue
Sunday, August 31, 2003 By Ben Moyer A recently completed Penn State study set out to identify the factors driving a trend that hunters see all around them -- an increase in private land posted against hunting. Private land is an important element of Pennsylvania's hunting culture. According to the Center for Rural Pennsylvania, about 55 percent of all hunting trips in the state take place on private land, while state-owned lands provide the setting for about 38 percent of Pennsylvania hunting outings. Virtually all cropland in the state and nearly three-quarters of all forest land is privately owned. Hunting provides valuable recreation for about 900,000 Pennsylvanians, and it is the only practical way of managing deer populations on the landscape. "There seems to be a trend developing for more property owners to post their land," said Gary San Julian, Penn State professor of wildlife resources who supervised the research. "Deer managers need to better understand why landowners allow and deny access to their property, so they can identify outreach needs and strategies for meeting recreational and resource-management goals." The researchers surveyed 1,900 landowners in three Pennsylvania counties about their attitudes toward access to private property, whether or not they posted signs, what factors influenced that decision and what government policies might influence them to change their mind. Three diverse counties were selected to enable researchers to compare landowner attitudes under a range of social and environmental conditions. The three counties studied were Greene in the southwest, Pike in the northeast and York in the southeast. Pike County is dominated by forests, but it is the fastest-growing county in the state with a rapid influx of permanent and seasonal residents from New York City and Philadelphia. York County is predominantly agricultural, but growing rapidly along the suburban corridor between Harrisburg and Baltimore. Greene County holds a mixture of forests and agriculture, but has not experienced significant urban or suburban growth. Sixty-nine percent (nearly seven in 10) of responding landowners in the three counties said they posted signs on their land. The percentage of landowners posting signs ranged from a low of 60 percent in York County to a high of 88 percent in Pike County. Just under two-thirds (63 percent) of Greene County landowners said they posted signs. Landowners who had recently purchased property and owners of forest land were more likely to post them, while owners of agricultural land and those concerned about deer damage were less likely. Thirty-two percent of landowners in the three counties who posted cited the desire to "control who is on the land" as the single most important reason influencing their decision. Other important reasons were: human safety, 19 percent; liability concerns, 15 percent; reserve wildlife for family/friends, 7 percent; and property damage, 4 percent. "People just want some knowledge and control of who is on their property," San Julian said. "And it also seems increasingly evident that even people who don't post really like hunters to stop in and say hello -- to let them know what visitors are up to. They like to maintain that contact." Among landowners who did not post signs, the most important reason for their decision was "control deer population," cited by 14 percent of respondents in the three counties. Eleven percent decided not to post because of their "relationship with neighbors," and 6 percent said they kept their land open because it was a family tradition. The survey confirmed the importance of courteous behavior by hunters while hunting on private land. More than two-thirds (70 percent) of posting landowners said they had experienced problems with people who used their land for recreation, and 39 percent said they decided to post because of a bad experience with people on their property. The situation may not be as bleak, however, as some hunters assume. "When land is posted, the common assumption is that the owners do not want any hunting on their land," said Coren Jagnow, a doctoral student who did much of the research. "Our data suggests that this may not be the case at all. Clearly, owners want to control who is on their land. But just because land is posted doesn't mean that hunting with permission is strictly prohibited. Three quarters of posting landowners still allow some hunting on their properties." According to the survey, six percent of posting landowners actually use signs that read, "Hunting with permission only," indicating that a good impression and respect for private property can still win hunting opportunities for strangers on private land. Use of the "hunting with permission only" sign was most prevalent in Greene County (used by 10 percent of posting landowners), and least so in Pike (1 percent). Jagnow cautioned that hunters cannot rely on deer damage as a justification to expect to be admitted to private land. "There is also a perceived idea that when landowners experience damage to their property from deer, they will open their land to hunting," he said. "Our data suggests that this is not necessarily the case. Owners remain more concerned with their experiences with recreationists and wanting exclusive use of their land. Those landowners who had a negative experience with recreationists on their land are unlikely to open their properties under any circumstances." The researchers concluded that because new landowners are more likely to post signs on their property, compared to those who have owned their property for longer periods, the trend toward posting is likely to continue. The results also indicate that posting landowners are not likely to open their land in response to changes in hunting policy, such as antler restrictions or firearms restrictions. The 58 percent of landowners who currently do not post signs said they would do so if Sunday hunting were legalized in Pennsylvania. The days of hunters enjoying casual access to private property in Pennsylvania are gone. Many of the factors contributing to posted property are beyond the control of hunters and the Pennsylvania Game Commission. The Penn State data shows that every hunter can minimize the impact of posting on Pennsylvania's hunting tradition by presenting a positive image, respecting private property and asking permission before entering land whose boundaries are as unmarked.

www.huntsunday.com

dpms
Pro Angler
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/26 19:30:42 (permalink)
S-10
It shouldn't be perplexing to anyone who has actually listened or read what many landowners have been saying or writing about their feelings on the subject the last couple years.

It is very perplexing as you have side stepped my question twice. You have continually stated that those pushing for SH are trying to tell landowners what to do.  That is simply not the case as landowner rights would be the same then as it is now and no one has insisted that landowners open their lands to Sunday hunting. Though you said you are done here, I will still ask how lanowners are being told what to do.

Perhaps you and others should go back and review the history without having the attitude of how can I rebut what the landowners are saying because this isn't a debate with them. It's many of them saying they don't want us and if they post it won't be just no Sundays.

The fact of the matter is my experiences are directly opposite of yours. Only one landowner hae expressed any concerns and the others are no concerns at all.  I can assure you that I do not approach any landowner with a attitude as I appreciate the access that I do have. 

The other option is go ahead and push the issue and then prepare the spin for why so much more land is placed off limits just as the PGC and their supporters have been doing we lost so much land as a result of AR/HR.

I would agree that AR/HR is the largest cause of posted land. The trend of posted land was occuring at a steady rate anyways. Inevitable I guess with time. Some will be lost but I firmly believe most of it will reopen with time as the emotions die.

IMO this is nothing more than a few people with their own private property wanting to hunt it regardless of what it means for the rest of the states hunters or the states game numbers or the long term future of hunting.

Not in my case as I hunt others private property.  Interesting that the species I would like to see expanded, I don't even hunt. Yep, it is all about me.  

pikepredator2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 953
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/26 19:41:09 (permalink)
To Thunderpole and HuntSunday: Thunderpole, you stated 60% of the reason you hunt Ohio is Sunday hunting. Sunday hunting is 100% of the reason I hunt NY State.
pikepredator2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 953
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/26 20:54:33 (permalink)
To huntsunday, thank you. to everyone else on these pages, enough is enough! To all the states around PA that allow Sunday hunting, thank you. You have no idea of the revenue you are taking in because we here in PA won't allow huning on Sundays. Pennsylvanian's arguments that do not allow Sunday hunting are stale at best. 43 states have overcome any problems associated with this. I have hunted Ohio and New York on Sundays, and any of the antis arguments simply do not hold water. Millions of acres of public lands have been made available by the game commission for people to hunt on. Will some land owners close their land if Sunday hunting is allowed? Maybe! But you know what? Those leasing their land to deer hunters(no matter how CHRISTIAN, WILL NOT! WHY? BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT GOING TO GIVE UP THAT UNDECLARED INCOME!!) Yeah I said it, you people leasing your woods to deer hunters 3 months out of the year aren't claiming that income to the IRS. And if landowners are doing it for religious reasons, then don't **** about the current administration denying people of their religious freedoms, because you are doing the exact same thing! How dare you deny me my rights as a non-believer, simply because you believe your mythical lord says I can't do anything on Sunday but rest!!!!!!!
thunderpole
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 933
Re:Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 2012/06/28 03:29:47 (permalink)
While where at it lets not fish on Sunday or drink beer on Sunday or mow the grass on Sunda or take a s**t on Sunday ,thank you pp and huntsunday,Sunday is my day and yours to do as I please ,POSTED ANT UNHUNTABLE ,just ask permission I could care less if its posted I will still ask permission......

I'd rather be lucky then good,but im to good to be lucky
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: