black legs

Author
blacknosedace
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 115
  • Reward points: 0
2007/04/10 15:07:05 (permalink)

black legs

anyone fishing black legs this weekend? only fished it once. I was wondering where they mostly stocked. i am trying to get my girl friend into fishing and would like to put her on some fish so she has a good time..
(that way i can fish as much as i want, just she would come along) lol...

7 Replies Related Threads

pittkdude
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: black legs 2007/04/10 19:45:33 (permalink)
    It only works till your married. After that she will never wet a line again!
    STH FEVOR
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 76
    RE: black legs 2007/04/10 20:09:56 (permalink)
    I'll be out after work, about 11:00-11:30am. My advise is to go to the small stream, get away from town. I don't know if they stocked young township lake yet but if they did that's where i'd take your girl. If you go there fish the bottom with rainbow power bait, or the top useing waxworm's 3ft.deep. Need anymore help give a holler.
    blacknosedace
    Avid Angler
    RE: black legs 2007/04/11 10:52:53 (permalink)
    hope that isnt the case with this one pittdude.
    but only time will tell. heck i took her out fly fishing on the little m. and she loved it and even fell in and i mean fell in, all you saw was her head going down stream.. lol... the creek was alittle high..lol... and she got out of the water and kept fishing .. and it also was 40 degrees out.. hopefully a future steelheader in the making!!

Sth Fevor thanks for the advice  hopefully i can put her on some fish.. i did hear that up farther in clarksburg where whiskey run goes into black legs. that is supposed to be good...any conformation on that?

thanks guys.
    blacknosedace
    Avid Angler
    RE: black legs 2007/04/11 11:15:03 (permalink)
    Sth Fevor,

young township lake, where exactly is that? does a sportsman club stock that? is it crowded up there? last time i fished a lake i was 12 and it was cloe lake in punxsy. that was a circus lol... directions would be helpful.
    i dont even care to fish i will sit there and help her tie and practice casting and such.. i know she can cast a fly rod..not very good but she can do it ...i am not to sure what she can do with a spinning rod. lol... that is why i was asking if its crowded. heck for all i know is she can be casting one way and cast the other lol

thanks blacknosedace
    STH FEVOR
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 76
    RE: black legs 2007/04/11 16:45:38 (permalink)
    Anywhere you go the first day is going to be crowded, but also if we get a lot of rain an the streams rise you might want to go to the lake. Its stocked by blackleggs sportsmen. To get to the lake and stream go through clarksburg, you'll see a bar on your left  take the next left i believe its macintyre road, if you go over the bridge you missed it.About two miles you'll come into a bend, if you want to go to the lake stay on main road and about 5miles the lake will be on your left.If you want to fish the stream take the roadto the left you'll have about 7miles of stream make sure the stream is on your right the whole time and your going the right way. Everything is posted but its open to fishing just find a nice hole an you'll do allright, by the way this is where i catch my chubs for eye fishing.  Good Luck...
    blacknosedace
    Avid Angler
    RE: black legs 2007/04/12 07:39:28 (permalink)
    STH FEVOR,

Thanks. Talking to you .. and asking questions makes me glad i got on this board. thanks again.
    cohoking
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 45
    RE: black legs 2007/04/24 10:11:17 (permalink)
    Blackleggs Creek is stocked by Blackleggs Trout Nursery and Watershed Asociation.  The stream is stocked weekly on fridays from the week prior to the opener till memorial day.  The stream is stocked with over 13,000 trout (brown, brook, rainbow, tiger and palamino).  The trout stocked average about 11" and will only get bigger as the stockings progress.  The first few weeks the stockings will be around 1000 fish+.  The kids day is SundayMay 6th at the young township park, 9 am shotgun start.  the pond was stocked pre season with a few hundred. 

Blackleggs is by far one of the most heavily stocked streams in the state.  Considering it is only seven miles long and 15-20 ft wide.  Stocking is done from the Connemaugh Twp blding on 286, upstream for seven miles.  There is a newly done kids/handicap area just north of 286. 
    post edited by cohoking - 2007/04/24 10:12:54
    Jump to: