Whuppin Stick

Author
Mags00
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 593
  • Reward points: 0
2012/05/15 22:39:33 (permalink)

Whuppin Stick

As of late I've been noticing that my 6'6" Whuppin Stick is breaking down some and I know they have a 10 year warranty but does anyone know how to follow through with the warranty... The rod I have is 6 maybe 7 years old and I asked at Cabelas and no one could answer me and told me I had to go through the company that made them but I can't find any info online or anything... Any help would be greatly appreciated...

7 Replies Related Threads

Rough House
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 192
    RE: Whuppin Stick 2012/05/16 12:09:11 (permalink)
    There made by cabelas. Ive had them replace one of my Ws used for cat rods with no trouble whatsoever. Give them a call back and talk to someone else. Evidently that person didnt know what he or she was talking about. All i did was call and tell them i had a problem with my WS. They sent me a new rod free of charge and i had to send the broken one back.
    post edited by Rough House - 2012/05/16 12:10:06

Lake Erie Fishing Charters out of Erie, PA.

https://roughhousecharters.com
    Mags00
    Expert Angler
    RE: Whuppin Stick 2012/05/16 20:05:40 (permalink)
    Ohh well I must have made the mistake by talking to someone in the fishing department haha and not customer service... I'll givem a call when I get back from Erie this weekend to get everything rolling...
    Mags00
    Expert Angler
    RE: Whuppin Stick 2012/05/16 20:52:26 (permalink)
    Ehh I have talked to the one guy in the W.V store most of the times I go down but he wasn't there and I took a chance and asked someone else and they told me "That it goes through the company who makes the rods." I had my rod in the car but the thing was they were out in store and back ordered lol so I can only imagine how long till they get some in but i'll call them when I get home from Erie. I would just get the eye reset by the one tackle shop near where I live but if I can get it done for free and a new rod... Count me in
    Mags00
    Expert Angler
    RE: Whuppin Stick 2012/05/16 21:17:07 (permalink)
    Ehh aside from the 4% duty tax in WV I have no problem going and getting some things because i'd rather just drive down instead of waiting for something from gander mountain or another site sure their prices may be relative but most of the time I only will talk to a few of the guys I normally do and avoid talking to ones I don't or haven't spoken with.
    Mags00
    Expert Angler
    RE: Whuppin Stick 2012/05/16 22:32:38 (permalink)
    My problem with Gander Mountain is why have a fishing department if no one is A.) Ever there or B.) Doesn't know anything about what their department is aside from... "Oh just go throw on some power bait and get a shakespear ugly stick 5' combo with the stren line on it." Or something to the effect of knowing diddily about fishing...
    Rough House
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 192
    Re: RE: Whuppin Stick 2012/05/17 14:10:57 (permalink)
    Gander Mtn. is terrible.  They are WAY overpriced.  I was looking at some of the trolling rods they had in stock, picked up a Daiwa Wilderness rod just to check it out and they wanted 89.99 for it.  Its for sale on FishUSA for 15.95. Made me laugh.

Lake Erie Fishing Charters out of Erie, PA.

https://roughhousecharters.com
    chrisk
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 23
    Re: RE: Whuppin Stick 2012/05/22 13:03:38 (permalink)
    Last month I went to Gander to grab something I didn't want to wait for online. A woman had come to the fishing counter and said she was looking for a rod for her husband to use for drop shot. This returned a very confused look from the guy at the counter who said he doesn't know what drop shot means and he would call a manager. I stepped in and directed her towards a good setup and then told her to go somewhere else and buy it. Pathetic store. I don't understand how you can man the fishing department without the slightest clue about popular techniques for the area you live in.
    Jump to: