A few questions about pike

Author
basshole1990
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 132
  • Reward points: 0
2012/05/08 16:53:30 (permalink)

A few questions about pike

Hey guys. Have not posted on here in a bit.

Last weekend I went fishing on the peninsula in the late evening and almost every cast out I had a small to mid-sized pike follow my lure in. I managed to catch 2 but saw a bunch chase but not touch. The next day I went back to the same spot at the same time and conditions were a little different but not that much. In 4 hours I had one tiny pike follow and the girlfriend caught one bass. That being said, I have a few questions

When will the pike start moving out towards deeper water? Are they territorial or are there going to be a bunch in one area? Any guesses as to why I saw a lot one night but none the next?

I realize that this is a questions to ask, but hearing from local/experienced anglers that know the area beats google any day.

Bigger is better.

3 Replies Related Threads

deetz4352
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3549
    RE: A few questions about pike 2012/05/08 18:30:53 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: b****1990

When will the pike start moving out towards deeper water? Are they territorial or are there going to be a bunch in one area? Any guesses as to why I saw a lot one night but none the next

first Q: --A: I will assume when the bait moves

second Q:-- A: Im not sure , When I hook one there are always more in the area.

third Q: -- A: Not sure why , could be they moved on to find something better.

I dont usually target them until I see or hook one. To me if a spot looks " pikey " then Ill fish it that way and change up to target them.

If they followed and didnt take , You should change your presentation to find out what will make them take and not just follow. Reel faster or slower or twitch violently figure out what p i s s es em off and they will take it.

I Dont normally hang around in one spot to long , I just keep searching. Good luck.....

post edited by deetz4352 - 2012/05/08 18:32:59

The Deetz
    Fishermen are born honest,but they get over it
    basshole1990
    Avid Angler
    RE: A few questions about pike 2012/05/09 22:58:33 (permalink)
    Thanks for the help, man. What do you define as "pikey?" I get out of college for the summer on Wednesday and I guess I am just wondering if it will still be worth intentionally fishing for pike so far in to May.

Bigger is better.
    basshole1990
    Avid Angler
    RE: A few questions about pike 2012/05/09 23:00:00 (permalink)
    Also, good work, Lurkers

Bigger is better.
    Jump to: