Fenwick Fly Rod and Redington Reel $250

Author
jimz
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 35
  • Reward points: 0
2012/04/03 09:12:12 (permalink)

Fenwick Fly Rod and Redington Reel $250

I have a 9'- 4oz Fenwick 8 wt Fenwick HMG graphite fly rod light use with a Redington Gold AL 7/8 wt reel for sale for $250.00 firm. The Rod has a removable fighting butt it is shown both on and off the rod in the pictures. It is located in Erie Pa about 1 mile from Walnut Creek Access. I am selling this rod and reel as I do not fish anymore and have no use for it. I am a retired Charter Captain and Fly fish guide and have taken up Photography in a big way and have no time to do both. I have uploaded pictures to my web site, http://my.opera.com/joeroot/albums under fly rod file for you to see. I prefer pick up only, I will hold for anyone fishing this area from out of town after payment in full. Either The rod or the reel is worth what I am asking, The rod is Dark brown and the reel is gold. It has backing on the reel no line. and questions email me a harpoon46@verizon.net thanks Jimmy

2 Replies Related Threads

KJH807
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4863
    RE: Fenwick Fly Rod and Redington Reel $250 2012/04/03 09:48:05 (permalink)
    $250 for a used rod and reel that were discountinued over 5-10 yrs ago???
    really???
    BRAND NEW when they were current models, 250 would have been retail for the combo

$100 would be a reasonable asking price

(the only reason i bring it up is that you see fit to post this in BOTH the fly fishing and tying forums... instead of the classifieds)

barlone
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 186
    RE: Fenwick Fly Rod and Redington Reel $250 2012/05/09 15:57:31 (permalink)
    The Redington AL 7/8 reel was MSRP $250 when new. I have one in black and it is a sweet reel. I have caught many stripers and steelie on it with NO problems. The drag is very smooth. This is a great reel and well worth the money being asked for it here along with an HMG rod if both are in excellent shape.

Price bashing someone for what they are asking should be done in a PM. Especially in this case since the original price was incorrectly noted.
    Jump to: