Thompson bay carp

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
saltydog
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 286
  • Reward points: 0
Re: RE: Thompson bay carp 2013/02/24 20:15:35 (permalink)
Interesting thread. When do these carp start hitting in the bay? It sounds like a blast
shmoe
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 195
Re: RE: Thompson bay carp 2013/02/25 10:35:12 (permalink)
This thread gives me a head ache.. Sometimes i Cant tell if u guys are serious or not..
But carp are extremely easy to get to bite.. Why snag? I dont like the fish so im not tryin to defend them but snagging fish dosnt sound fun.. Shooting them might be fun though
fisherofmen376
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2217
Re: RE: Thompson bay carp 2013/02/25 19:30:10 (permalink)

"
it's nice to see someone just admit when theyre wrong about something, rather than taking up 3 pages of irrelavent bickering."

AMEN!!!!  Props to ya bill h!  We're all wrong sometimes, but some are just too prideful to admit it.  Ive been on both sides of that.  

Ive never seen a carp chase a lure but im sure they have and would at the right time.  
Intentionally snagging em is wrong, but i guess i feel less bad about snagging a carp then i do a more "high brow" species.  Not justified, sayin how i feel.  
And unless ur gonna eat it/use it for bait, etc, i don't understand the point of bowfishing.  There's absolutely no possibility the fish will survive.  I know its legal, i just don't like killing anything just for the sport of it.  

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19
Hummer82
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 187
Re: RE: Thompson bay carp 2013/02/26 11:42:03 (permalink)
Are lures the prefered choice for these fish  in the early spring? Im going to give it a try for myself with my "catgear" and see how i do. I can see why they would congregate to this location early on...make sense to me.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: