Poaching

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
TastyTrout
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 732
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Poaching 2012/03/04 17:49:39 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: topdog99

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL&TC

this what Im doin'

Nice way to put it.

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.
Jimmy D Moore

Redfly2
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 21
RE: Poaching 2012/03/05 12:30:20 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: topdog99

ORIGINAL: Redfly2

To all who posted,

Personally, I could care less how anyone else catches their fish or how many they keep, none of my business, there is an agency in place that controls, regulates and is supposed to enforce this, not me.

My opinion, most complaining on here are not complaining out of their sole concern for the existence of the annually stocked steelhead population, or for the protection of the fisherie, but rather complaining because they expect endless opportunities when they choose to go out and enjoy themselves fishing for them.  And everyone other than themselves or like minded people, is in their opinion selfishly creating less opportunity for them.  Opinions...

actually if you "could care less", then does that mean you care?

secondly, at least my purpose in posting is to inform other anglers what is going on....
No better place then a public forum with hundreds of views..

thirdly, you and I as well as all licensed fisherman pay for these fish..
I DO care if they are harvested illegally because they are mine as well as yours...

its no different then a private club leasing water and catching the fish WE payed for..

I know, I know.... you just dont get it

I'm sorry for the grammatical error Topdog99,

Correction,  "I couldn't care less.   Is that better?  Is it clear to you now ?

Secondly,  As I stated,  When I get out it's not my place nor do I have any desire to play topdog super fish cop when trying to enjoy myself, thats what the PFBC should be doing for us as licensed PA. anglers.

Thirdly, you posted,       " The next time you say somebody should do something, remember you are somebody".

So, may I suggest you direct your informative opinion to the PFBC intead of choosing a public forum to inform those of us who have no enforcement authority. You will have a much better chance of getting something done.

Please post and let us know when you do and what the outcome was. I am sure many will appreciate you taking swift action. You're obviously not the kind of guy to sit back and wait for someone to do it for you, are you?

As for Me I'll refrain, as I couldn't care less.
I get it Topdog

"they would dumb as a box of hammers"         Topdog99 -- grammar critic. 
post edited by Redfly2 - 2012/03/05 12:51:45
SteelSlayer77
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 489
RE: Poaching 2012/03/05 14:33:36 (permalink)
Who cares. This thread needs pics, how about some poached steelhead. I personally only poach my steelhead when making steelhead/asparagus chowder, otherwise I like to catch it legally and either grill, beer batter and fry, or smoke it.

Anyone have a good poached steelhead rub or a recipe?

post edited by SteelSlayer77 - 2012/03/05 14:35:30
TastyTrout
Expert Angler
RE: Poaching 2012/03/05 14:45:25 (permalink)
Love the redirection of the "poaching" term Steelslayer. That looks tasty.

Jimmy D Moore

Bughawk
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3247
RE: Poaching 2012/03/05 16:52:00 (permalink)
Now that is some poaching I can get behind!!!! Looks good. Poach on my friend, poach on....

pax vobiscum +
cbeagler
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1811
RE: Poaching 2012/03/06 08:13:06 (permalink)

Did somebody spit on your fish?

TastyTrout
Expert Angler
RE: Poaching 2012/03/06 08:29:03 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: cbeagler

It's called cooking with "love".

Jimmy D Moore

cbeagler
Pro Angler
RE: Poaching 2012/03/06 23:39:35 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: TastyTrout

It's called cooking with "love".

Seriously though, what is that? I love eating baked salmon and Mrs. cbeagler is always putting different spices on. Old Bay, lemon something or other. Is that a sauce or juice of something or did someone "drool" on it to emphasize how good it is?
verbatim
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 147
RE: Poaching 2012/03/07 00:05:56 (permalink)
I think everyone should spend more time trying to enjoy the time on the water instead of worrying about what everyone else is doing. The PFBC Officers know people snag, line, take limits and return for a second helping. If they were as concerned as some of the people constantly whining about the depletion of fish population they would be out more collecting the rewards from citations.

I'm glad to see these attitudes here. I feel the same way. Is this a regional thing or what? I've raised the same ideas with people on the Ontario tributaries in New York and 99% of people (sometimes violently) opposed me. Up there guys are tripping over each other to call the fish warden if someone's leader is one inch too long. You hear more about the snaggers than the fishing! Don't try asking where a pod of salmon may be, but you'll be told where every pod of snaggers is whether you ask or not!
TastyTrout
Expert Angler
RE: Poaching 2012/03/07 08:20:28 (permalink)

Seriously though, what is that? I love eating baked salmon and Mrs. cbeagler is always putting different spices on. Old Bay, lemon something or other. Is that a sauce or juice of something or did someone "drool" on it to emphasize how good it is?

It's a foam that's used by chefs. Basically some ingredients (of your choice) and a gelling agent are put into a little nitrous container. I don't remember exactly what the thing is called. The container will produce that foam. I've never had it but it's my understanding that it's just a very ligth sauce. I watch WAY too much of the cooking channel.

Jimmy D Moore

cbeagler
Pro Angler
RE: Poaching 2012/03/07 09:55:43 (permalink)
Don't try asking where a pod of salmon may be, but you'll be told where every pod of snaggers is whether you ask or not!

So ask where the snaggers are and that is where you will find the fish?
SteelSlayer77
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 489
RE: Poaching 2012/03/07 11:46:11 (permalink)

It's a foam that's used by chefs. Basically some ingredients (of your choice) and a gelling agent are put into a little nitrous container. I don't remember exactly what the thing is called. The container will produce that foam. I've never had it but it's my understanding that it's just a very ligth sauce. I watch WAY too much of the cooking channel.

Yep he's right it's just flavored foam, could taste like anything from wild mushrooms to fruit. It's a play on food textures/flavors, gives you a taste that your brain isn't expecting.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: