Snagging on Upper 20

Author
SpringChrome
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 37
  • Reward points: 0
2011/12/04 20:26:04 (permalink)

Snagging on Upper 20

I wish I had my "Turn in a Poacher" card on me today. There was a group of 3 "Europeans" fishing....I mean snagging on Upper 20 mile (right below the Route 20 bridge). The one guy had a green jacket on w/ yellow stripes going down the sleeves. While he snagged the fish, can older guy would basically walk into the middle of the stream to net it. They were using large/heavy split shots and a jig. It was so obvious it was sick. I was about 30 yards away and just stopped fishing and watched him. He knew I was watching and got nervous when I picked my cell phone out of my vest (he knew I was watching him). The three of them took their fish and went upstream to snag the rest of their limits and walked back down about 20 minutes later w/ stringers full of their limits. It was unreal that they had no issues doing this around at least 8 other fisherman. If anyone sees them doing this, please give the fish warden a call (I wish I had my card on me today). These are the clowns that ruin it for everyone.

11 Replies Related Threads

**commander**
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4216
    RE: Snagging on Upper 20 2011/12/04 20:32:25 (permalink)
    phones have memory banks for contacts. 411 will get you directory assistance to walnut creek office. just sayin'

"I'm sick of all the fairytale stories of how this is destiny and how the saints have rebuilt new orleans.Sorry but you can write the script anyway you want but the actors(sean payton and crew)do not have the talent to step on the stage."---Logan Wade
    fisherofmen376
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2217
    RE: Snagging on Upper 20 2011/12/04 20:40:15 (permalink)
    I am so tired of seeing these types of posts.
    WCO Brook Tolbert, West Erie County: cell 814-566-7869
    WCO Ed Stuart, Central Erie County: cell 814-572-0066
    WCO Jim Smolko, East Erie County: cell 814-572-0078
    WCO Tom Edwards, Northwest Region Office: 814-337-0444

Put the numbers in your phone please.

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
    Matthew 4:19
    fisherofmen376
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2217
    RE: Snagging on Upper 20 2011/12/04 20:55:10 (permalink)
    Here's another couple numbers.
    Northwest Region Office
    Phone: (814) 337-0444

Walnut Creek Marina Office
    Phone: (814) 833-2464

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
    Matthew 4:19
    draketrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1577
    RE: Snagging on Upper 20 2011/12/04 21:07:12 (permalink)
    instead of 411 just dial R-A-T.

I find it hilarious that the OP, fishing a small Erie Ditch, overstocked with cookie cutter Steelheads, is a mere 2 degrees from Kevin Bacon, actually thinks his hands are clean.

Good for the Ruskies, I hope they go back tonight and clean out your little piece of heaven (that measures 4' x 20')..

bbbwwwaaahhhhh!!!
    **commander**
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4216
    RE: Snagging on Upper 20 2011/12/04 21:10:26 (permalink)
    R-A-T is 728. wont work. just sayin'

"I'm sick of all the fairytale stories of how this is destiny and how the saints have rebuilt new orleans.Sorry but you can write the script anyway you want but the actors(sean payton and crew)do not have the talent to step on the stage."---Logan Wade
    chauncy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1298
    RE: Snagging on Upper 20 2011/12/05 07:41:47 (permalink)
    Why hasn't anyone used those cell phones to RECORD the guys while they're doing it? Sure would help the wco identify them later.
    Redfly2
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 21
    RE: Snagging on Upper 20 2011/12/05 09:03:24 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: SpringChrome

I wish I had my "Turn in a Poacher" card on me today. There was a group of 3 "Europeans" fishing....I mean snagging on Upper 20 mile (right below the Route 20 bridge). The one guy had a green jacket on w/ yellow stripes going down the sleeves. While he snagged the fish, can older guy would basically walk into the middle of the stream to net it. They were using large/heavy split shots and a jig. It was so obvious it was sick. I was about 30 yards away and just stopped fishing and watched him. He knew I was watching and got nervous when I picked my cell phone out of my vest (he knew I was watching him). The three of them took their fish and went upstream to snag the rest of their limits and walked back down about 20 minutes later w/ stringers full of their limits. It was unreal that they had no issues doing this around at least 8 other fisherman. If anyone sees them doing this, please give the fish warden a call (I wish I had my card on me today). These are the clowns that ruin it for everyone.

First of all,   Blah blah blah,    Everybody call and turn them in if you see them.  I had a cell phone and I got it out but I didn't call but you should.    The only clown seems to of been you for wasting your time minding other folks business instead of enjoying youself.  Seriously Man,  Same threads over and over again, Snagging, flossing, lining, saw someone keep a fish.   WHO CARES...   It's the WCO's job to police the waters and decide who is breaking the law, and obviously they aren't concerned enough or it wouldn't be so blatant as reported by guys like yourself.
    fishmonger
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 435
    RE: Snagging on Upper 20 2011/12/05 09:15:31 (permalink)
    I was over at Walnut on Friday. I had a really nice fresh fish on. A smallish fellow wearing a blue coat, having a foreign accent, netted my fish for me. Nice guy. I could hardly understand him, but he congratulated me several times on the fish. I released it, no comment from him. Oh yeah, he had three on a stringer.

Fishmonger
    papinner
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1083
    RE: Snagging on Upper 20 2011/12/05 10:05:19 (permalink)
    I mean snagging on Upper 20 mile (right below the Route 20 bridge).

Do you get your rocks off on this crap? Last week its was rick rd. this week 20 mile. Seriously I thought you were done with the east side, Oh wait was rick rd. to packed for you. You really need to think before you type.

Oh and to stay on topic you can forget about a wco officer climbing down into the gorge to bust some potential snaggers. If you think erie's bad go to burt with your cell phone and see what happens.
    FiveMilePete
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1131
    RE: Snagging on Upper 20 2011/12/05 16:26:38 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: SpringChrome

What happened to forgetting the east side and staying at Elk?

Steelhead on Elk......Oh yeah they are there!!!
    cooljauman
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1633
    RE: Snagging on Upper 20 2011/12/06 07:59:49 (permalink)
    same ****, different year....

If the world needed and enema, they'd put the tube in Philadelphia. Go Pens!

Evgeni Malkin: I'M SCORE

S.D.S.G.F.C.
    Jump to: