Sight Lights

Author
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1849
  • Reward points: 0
2011/11/08 20:59:52 (permalink)

Sight Lights

Since the time change many hunts are cut short in the evening. Many stay as late as possible within the legal hunting hours. Light is very limited inside a blind. I found that the blue burst light by HHA has lighted my pin for those late shots. It has a rheostat and the lowest setting is plenty bright when inside the blind is totally dark. Who else uses a lighted pin ?

2 Replies Related Threads

Esox_Hunter
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2393
    RE: Sight Lights 2011/11/08 21:14:04 (permalink)
    I bought a tru-glo this summer with a light on it.  I have played around with it a bit while target shooting, but have found it to be more of a hindrance than anything.  When lit, the pins are so bright that they make it difficult to see your aiming point beyond the pin and my accuracy suffered.  The regular old fiber optics collect plenty of light for me to shoot in any low light situation within reason.

I don't hunt from blinds very often, but could certainly see the advantage in that situation.
    Outdoor Adventures
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1849
    RE: Sight Lights 2011/11/08 21:26:34 (permalink)
    I know what your taking about. My HHA also has a cover that will limit the brightness of the pins even in daylight. For darkness the cover must be shut and the rheostat for the light on the lowest setting with fresh batteries. After the batteries wear down I would imagine that the second or third setting on the rheostat could be used. It gets dark in those blinds in a hurry. I use a .019 pin but if hunted the blind more often I would switch to the smaller .010 for the reason you mentioned.
    Jump to: