Lockedlets try again.

Author
steelie85
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 212
  • Reward points: 0
2011/10/05 16:28:56 (permalink)

lets try again.

well i think i got a good line this time, walmart took the vanish back. and got spiderwire super mono. please tell me its better.

29 Replies Related Threads

ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3834
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/05 16:45:44 (permalink)
    Field test it for the rest of us and let us know how it works out for ya.

Split Shot
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 891
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/05 16:51:06 (permalink)
    No offense 85, but you ask peoples opion about line. The majority tell you Seaguar and you buy spiderwire. Your business-your choice, but now do you want them to tell you that you made the right choice??????????? (I never usually bust balls, but man!)

My Wife said, if I go fish'n one more time, she'll leave me! God, I'm going to miss her!
    elkmaster
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 121
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/05 16:51:29 (permalink)
    I get the berkley fluro 6lb test in the gold box works great for me
    steelie85
    Avid Angler
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/05 17:14:13 (permalink)
    split shot, the only way i can get line is through a retail store because i dont like the hassle of buying things on-line, plus it was cheaper, and i got store credit from walmart.
    steelie85
    Avid Angler
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/05 17:17:41 (permalink)
    none of the non of the retail stores have it around where i live.
    rollcaster
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1091
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/05 17:47:45 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: steelie85

split shot, the only way i can get line is through a retail store because i dont like the hassle of buying things on-line, plus it was cheaper, and i got store credit from walmart.

Bought line from fish erie today online took about two minutes. Will prob be at my house tomorrow. What a hassle. lol
    swinger
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1376
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/05 18:06:14 (permalink)

Sorry to hear that in more ways than you can understand.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
    steelie85
    Avid Angler
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/05 18:54:02 (permalink)
    well for someone who only gets a certain amount of time and money to go on a trip to erie, i try to keep things as simple as possible, i come to this site for knowledge, not critizism, lighten up a bit. and straight answers seriously you dont see me bumping in on your threads and ect.
    steelie85
    Avid Angler
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/05 19:00:50 (permalink)
    and for the post i messed up on, idk what happened there.
    post edited by steelie85 - 2011/10/05 19:01:41
    clinchknot
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 831
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/05 19:09:14 (permalink)

well i think i got a good line this time, walmart took the vanish back. and got spiderwire super mono. please tell me its better.

For what it's worth, I've used spiderwire, and it worked very well for me.

I don't give a crap if anybody listens to me or not.
    Plum Bob
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 575
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/05 19:13:40 (permalink)
    Maxima ultragreen is the strongest, most reliable mono available. It's a bit more expensive but worth it. By far the most popular line with west coast steelhead fishermen, both gear, and fly fisherman for leader material. The best, period, for any fishing application where mono is appropriate. Not available in most big chain stores but easy to find on line.
    post edited by Plum Bob - 2011/10/05 19:15:43
    steelie85
    Avid Angler
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/05 19:17:14 (permalink)
    can i order by phone?
    deetz4352
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3549
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/05 19:24:31 (permalink)
    I have to say that in your situation get what you can afford and work with it.

HOWEVER
                    when it comes to certain things like fishing gear, LINE which in my opinion,  I never skimp on. LINE is the thing that keeps fish on and gear coming back to the rod , without good line you will spend more on the other things you lose when your line breaks/snaps cause the line is cheap like floats , shot , sinkers , rigs etc...

The Deetz
    Fishermen are born honest,but they get over it
    FishinGuy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2080
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/05 20:09:24 (permalink)
    Yeah an extra $5 on line could easily save you $20 in tackle. Probably much more.
    Mr.Slickfish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4528
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/05 20:14:17 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Split Shot

No offense 85, but you ask peoples opion about line. The majority tell you Seaguar and you buy spiderwire. Your business-your choice, but now do you want them to tell you that you made the right choice??????????? (I never usually bust balls, but man!)

werd....and....

Spiderwire is garbage....I wouldn't spool it if it were free.

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
    I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
    genieman77
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2534
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/05 20:45:15 (permalink)
    I love Spriderwire Super Mono.
    It's what all my bass spinning reels are spooled with

I was using 4 pnd Super Mono for tippet today.. Landed a 9 pnd hen and a dime bright 7 pnd buck

BUT...you know it's not fluorocarbon line, right??

uh oh..check that, i think i lied ...the 6 pnd in my pack is  Super Mono.
    the 4 pnd I used today was Stren

..L.T.A.
    Tracker12
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 174
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/05 20:57:25 (permalink)
    Seagar all the way.  That stuff is strong and fishes very well
    kingnuke32
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1863
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/05 21:55:40 (permalink)
    GAMMA
    Bigtroubleinpa
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/05 22:04:38 (permalink)
    85....i have not posted on here in a couple of years...I certainly do know where it is your "coming from" when your referring to some of the people on this message board though.

It's just like daily life....ya got good and bad in everything and everywhere.

Guys like Skip and deetz , genie....they have been on this board for years and they are a couple of the "good guys" that you can bounce things off of when you have a question to ask....

I'm sure once they get to know you they will bust your "stones" just like anyone else would ...lol  I'm also sure it wasn't JUST the Bal#busting that had you a bit "dissed" either.    It's more like the smartaxx comments ...heres what makes me freak....if your going to take all that effort to type a response out....why not make it helpful and try to at least answer the question, secondly, If all your capable of, or if all you can do is make a wise crack ...show a little restraint and refrain from even commenting.   it sorta comes back to the ole clique ..... If you don't have something nice to say....don't say anything at all !!

Take some time out to read some past post....not only will you find out some of the answers to some of your questions you have..... But you will also see who is truly a sportsman trying to help a fellow sportsman out....and who is just a total "dung heap" !!

Stick with Skip, Genie, Bughawk, Mikastorm, pghmarty to name a few of the "good guys" I know of on here.... I am sure there are many more as well...This is just the short list...lol

Maybe it might just be simpler to start a list of who is useless and a nuisance..lol

So, come on now "beer muscles" take your best poke at me....as you cower behind that keyboard..... I take great pride and comfort in knowing that you are only saying this or that because I can't reach out and latch onto to you to personally show why it's not always a good idea to speak to someone like that....and of coarse .....I always leave a open invite...just in case they think they might wanna try insulting me in person.... << again, just trying to be a good sport about it...lol 
    steeLpunishment
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 273
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/05 22:08:07 (permalink)
    welcome to the site bigtroubles

hopethishelps

fish whisper
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 529
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/05 23:34:42 (permalink)
    have you thought about stopping by poor rich its 12 bucks for a spool of seagar
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/05 23:59:40 (permalink)

kingnuke32
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1863
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/06 01:00:49 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Bigtroubleinpa

85....i have not posted on here in a couple of years...I certainly do know where it is your "coming from" when your referring to some of the people on this message board though.

Guys like Skip and deetz , genie....they have been on this board for years and they are a couple of the "good guys" that you can bounce things off of when you have a question to ask....

I'm sure once they get to know you they will bust your "stones" just like anyone else would ...lol  I'm also sure it wasn't JUST the Bal#busting that had you a bit "dissed" either.    It's more like the smartaxx comments ...heres what makes me freak....if your going to take all that effort to type a response out....why not make it helpful and try to at least answer the question, secondly, If all your capable of, or if all you can do is make a wise crack ...show a little restraint and refrain from even commenting.   it sorta comes back to the ole clique ..... If you don't have something nice to say....don't say anything at all !!

Take some time out to read some past post....not only will you find out some of the answers to some of your questions you have..... But you will also see who is truly a sportsman trying to help a fellow sportsman out....and who is just a total "dung heap" !!

Stick with Skip, Genie, Bughawk, Mikastorm, pghmarty to name a few of the "good guys" I know of on here.... I am sure there are many more as well...This is just the short list...lol

Maybe it might just be simpler to start a list of who is useless and a nuisance..lol

So, come on now "beer muscles" take your best poke at me....as you cower behind that keyboard..... I take great pride and comfort in knowing that you are only saying this or that because I can't reach out and latch onto to you to personally show why it's not always a good idea to speak to someone like that....and of coarse .....I always leave a open invite...just in case they think they might wanna try insulting me in person.... << again, just trying to be a good sport about it...lol 

"Sportsman" and steelhead fishing in erie do not go together... ever... ever... its non native fish in a bad environment there for put and take, very sporting... rope em and smoke em and have fun doing it, and do not look down on others for how they fish in the trickles or why.

papinner
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1083
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/06 07:00:54 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: kingnuke32

GAMMA

X eleventybillion
    gymi03
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 336
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/06 07:45:54 (permalink)
    Spyder wire did me right till winter hit then that stuff froze to all hell.
    ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3834
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/06 08:22:05 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: kingnuke32

"Sportsman" and steelhead fishing in erie do not go together... ever... ever... its non native fish in a bad environment there for put and take, very sporting... rope em and smoke em and have fun doing it, and do not look down on others for how they fish in the trickles or why.

And furthermore, FishErie and "Sportsmen" hardly go hand in hand. And I emphasize "hardly" cuz they certainly are around....you just have to figure out who they are.

Seriously though....Who goes out and buys something, then asks what everyone thinks of the item after it has already been purchased? He not only did it once, but TWICE...IMO, rather insulting and I got the feeling that this person could care less what we all think and will go out and get what suits him anyway. Wouldn't you normally seek reviews from people who have used whatever it is before going out and purchasing it, then making an educated choice/purchase? Therefore I don't blame the sarcasm.

kylerloveshotdogs
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 138
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/06 10:33:41 (permalink)

first off.. lmfao.  i like it

secondly, will you make that list?

MMM hotdogs in my belly make me happy guy. My wife says no no kyler, you stop eating you getting bigger you will need new waders
    Loomis
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2674
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/06 10:34:46 (permalink)
    Yes I am curious to see who ends up on there as well....
    kylerloveshotdogs
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 138
    RE: lets try again. 2011/10/06 10:38:17 (permalink)
    loomis,

i'm gettin drunk and coming to your house tonight for my stuff you owe me

MMM hotdogs in my belly make me happy guy. My wife says no no kyler, you stop eating you getting bigger you will need new waders
    Jump to: