LockedDid Ya see this new law ===

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
gct069
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 75
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Did Ya see this new law === 2011/09/29 16:59:46 (permalink)
<<<<gonna borrow the grandsons water wings the next time(if ever) i fish the wall

gerg
BenC
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 130
RE: Did Ya see this new law === 2011/09/29 17:27:10 (permalink)
I'd say that it is the DUTY of government to make desicions on commonwealther waters not a "right". And yes, people must abide by the rules and regs set forth at the time. But, the debate here is how far those rules and regs should go.
doubletaper
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3977
RE: Did Ya see this new law === 2011/09/29 17:32:03 (permalink)
i tried reading what i missed, here's my 2cents.

i have read no reason why the law makers are making this law!
i believe it is to make more money in fines or as bulldog said, to make bodies easier to find.it should be up to me when i feel i need to wear a life jacket, depending the water conditions, or not. i won't be hurting anyone in my judgement. just like the helmet law.

what i know is if you fall into frigid water the quickest you get out the better chance you have to survive. i would bet that i can swim quicker without a life jacket than with one on!!! therefore there would be times when having a life jacket would hamper my escape from the cold water.

i see no good thoughtful reason that i need to always wear a life jacket except it's a law so they can fine me if i don't abide by it. again to make money, not necessarily to save my life!!

http://streamsidetales.bl...015/05/helles-yea.html
it's not luck
if success is consistent 

**commander**
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4216
RE: Did Ya see this new law === 2011/09/29 18:06:24 (permalink)
law has been in effect year round on all army corp of engineer lakes for a long time. it was bound to happen everywhere sooner or later...and just because somebody spent the required time and passed the requirements in school and got a job in that field doesnt mean they have a clue. "deputy dog", now thats funny stuff. just sayin'

"I'm sick of all the fairytale stories of how this is destiny and how the saints have rebuilt new orleans.Sorry but you can write the script anyway you want but the actors(sean payton and crew)do not have the talent to step on the stage."---Logan Wade
**commander**
Pro Angler
RE: Did Ya see this new law === 2011/09/29 18:14:46 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: gct069

<<<<gonna borrow the grandsons water wings the next time(if ever) i fish the wall

awesome. just sayin'

"I'm sick of all the fairytale stories of how this is destiny and how the saints have rebuilt new orleans.Sorry but you can write the script anyway you want but the actors(sean payton and crew)do not have the talent to step on the stage."---Logan Wade
ShutUpNFish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3834
RE: Did Ya see this new law === 2011/09/29 18:25:05 (permalink)
WOW!! Sorry I contributed to this...

**commander**
Pro Angler
RE: Did Ya see this new law === 2011/09/29 18:29:53 (permalink)
you surely couldnt have expected any less.  just sayin'

Bogeyjoker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1704
RE: Did Ya see this new law === 2011/09/29 18:56:32 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Porktown

Can't, spent all my money on smokes...

Well played...
**commander**
Pro Angler
RE: Did Ya see this new law === 2011/09/29 19:01:45 (permalink)
agreed, funny stuff. just sayin'

bird dog
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 524
RE: Did Ya see this new law === 2011/09/29 19:55:26 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: D-nymph

ORIGINAL: BenC

So you see it as 2 separate entities: "people" and "Comomonwealth"? And how it works is the "Commonwealth" owns everything and the "people" have to obey whatever the "Commonwealth" says because its nice enough to let the "people" use its resources?

Wow, you want to talk about scary...

Indeed, but Grendel is a professor, therefore he knows more then you and his opinion is also more valuable than yours.

Spot on! he's obviously smarter than you or me or any of us on this board. just ask him, I'm sure he'd be happy to wave his degrees at you and explain how he's smarter than you and knows better what's good for all of us.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to: