Forget the steel......

Author
swinger
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1376
  • Reward points: 0
2011/09/26 20:12:35 (permalink)

Forget the steel......

Sure they are fun but they can wait. I got the ok to visit my NY crew and didnt even think about bringing any steel stuff. Photos are better than words so here is the gear that worked.

Friday night..... Had a super solid fish swipe at my bucktail 5' from the boat. It left behind a huge boil and some shaky knees and hands. Pretty much made my trip right there. Sure it would have been great to stick that fish. But what a rush watching her come out of nowhere! For those of you who have done it you know all about it. For those of you who havent, you dont understand what you are missing. I must say it was pretty nice going back to a bait that I put aside for awhile. I've been throwing too many flashy double tens lately. Revisiting my roots paid off.

Sat.............. Bob picked up a bait that he wasnt super excited about. So after some negotiating Bob and I struck a deal. I must say it worked out pretty nicely for me. Landed one with quite a bit of spunk. Went about 36". Not the biggest but it had a bad attitude.

After a minor, but time consuming engine set back. Bob got in on the action. It didnt have teeth but a stellar fish for sure. A solid 20 incher that looked like it should have been caught out in Lake Erie.

Sunday.......... No fish photos for our Sunday morning adventure but we did have action. Bob watched a low to mid 40 eat at the boat. After some thrashing, that caught my attention, the secret bait popped out and the musky goes back to the depths. It was great seeing the smile on his face after his hard work paid off for him. We work further on down and get to the money spot. I see an opening between 2 large weed clumps right off the point. Drop my cast in and one grabs my bulldog! But doesnt get stuck. With 15 minutes left we reset to see if she'll go again but no such luck. Out of time. Time to go home. But what a blast. What was really great was hanging out with my NY buddies. Even though Glen was under the weather he was a great host. Hope you are feeling better buddy. He made us a killer steak dinner. Next evening Dano was there talking about his chrome fish adventures. All well and good but Bob and I have the mossy one on our minds. Maybe next trip up Dano, I'll get out with ya and swing some flies. If not the next one the one after. Why dont you get in that car of yours and drive west to swing some of my waters? It aint the Cat but it still has some size and plenty of fish. Always great hanging out and fishing with you Bob. Tell wifey that I am proud of her for the work on the staircase. LOL. Sure I go up there to fish, but what really keeps me coming back is the good company. Thanks to you all. Thats my report and by Glens request a landscape shot.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!

1 Reply Related Threads

ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3834
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Forget the steel...... 2011/09/26 20:15:12 (permalink)
    Wish I could have been there B....soon, buddy soon.

Jump to: