Hackle

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
dimebrite
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3207
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Hackle 2011/07/25 09:32:21 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: KJH807

dimlight.... youre like a child... please speak when spoken to

i was digging around on ebay lastnight and saw that
people asked for proof... i provided

did you climax when you found it????
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: Hackle 2011/07/25 09:36:25 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Cold

ORIGINAL: dimebrite

dUUd, all KJH is doing is backing up what he's saying.

All you're doing is making a fool of yourself. You keep whinign about the same point that was never under dispute, and when anyone criticizes you, you respond with nonsense.

I believe cold was speaking to me when he said this

I didn't ask for your input.

And I guess your the mod now?
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: Hackle 2011/07/25 09:39:07 (permalink)
hey kj; not for nothing, but I've seen some of your posts about selling saddles on ebay for high dollar amounts. Why should someone else be ridiculed for it? For all you know the guy was in a bind and needed the money for taxes, food; etc... business is business man. Just saying....
(Quote)

I'll stand by my first post that rustled kj's feather up; well atleast the ones he has left after selling so many...

I don't see why he had to take such offense....
post edited by dimebrite - 2011/07/25 09:41:39
KJH807
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4863
RE: Hackle 2011/07/25 09:43:32 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: KJH807
READ and UNDERSTAND what I am saying... i have nothing against him selling hackle at high prices

i think it is BS that he is trying to take advantage of his customers with deceptive practice and being untruthful

Cold
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7358
RE: Hackle 2011/07/25 09:43:43 (permalink)
How many times does he have to quote his read & understand post before it finally clicks?
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: Hackle 2011/07/25 09:57:50 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: dimebrite

dimebrite, do they teach you to read in new jersey?

Good one cold; keep looking at your gaga posters on your ceiling til wee hours of the night...

Fyi; I clearly understand kevins point; I just feel as if he has contributed to the whole grand scheme; IMO; ithink he's fooling himself by trying to highlight someone elses actions. Just felt as if it was necessary to recomend a resignation from the elitists podium that he stands on....

Btw; im littleupset by your commentcome to think of it. You once told me I have such sharp wit

I guess you missed this one cold. I understand his point but I disagree with it completely. Plain and simple. Its not my fault he started plucking feathers from his own azz over it....

And while im at it, you oughta check your spelling before you ask me if they teach people how to read in jersey
post edited by dimebrite - 2011/07/25 10:01:50
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: Hackle 2011/07/25 10:06:37 (permalink)
Let's maybe all have a moment of truth in agreeing that"life goes on no matter who is wrong or right; whoaohoh" ...
in conclusion I just stated my opinion and I apologize if some (not all) got upset over it....

Peace and may your fish be as bright as a fresh pressed nickle
luvinbluegills
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 955
RE: Hackle 2011/07/25 15:08:19 (permalink)

I will say that I have only been to the shop in question once, and was not at all impressed with the service, and will not be back.

PS. Who are you all selling these saddles to? I got one to hawk.

Always gotta try something more than once to be sure. It could've been an off day. I hated Broccoli at first but when I learned to cook it myself, I liked it!

Faith is only as good as its object
Adventures with Fish
Cold
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7358
RE: Hackle 2011/07/25 15:16:05 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: luvinbluegills

I will say that I have only been to the shop in question once, and was not at all impressed with the service, and will not be back.

PS. Who are you all selling these saddles to? I got one to hawk.

Always gotta try something more than once to be sure. It could've been an off day. I hated Broccoli at first but when I learned to cook it myself, I liked it!

Absolutely positively 100% agree where food is concerned. But I couldn't disagree more when it comes to business and service.

I've gone to plenty of fly shops that got it right the first time that he doesn't deserve another cent from me.

Standing at the counter with $50+ in merch (not a huge deal, but not a $3 pack of hooks either), and he keeps me waiting 15 minutes while he BSes on the phone? Get real. If I had the chance to do it again, I'd have left all that stuff on the counter and walked out.

Clearly he doesn't need my money that badly.
Plum Bob
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 575
RE: Hackle 2011/08/05 21:14:12 (permalink)
My wife listed 2 1/2 capes on Ebay. Cabelas woolybugger grade, nat.grissly, black, hot pink, $55 dollars worth, ended up going for $873. Paid for my 12 1/2' 5/6 meiser and 1/2 the cost of the reel I just got. Haven't tied with the stuff in 5 years or so. Won't miss it. I just tie for sthd, strung schlappen, hen, etc is good enough for collaring tube flies which is about all I fish nowadays. Guess the point is, if you have some long, slender hackle laying around that you really don't need, what a great way to make a few bucks to invest in rods, reels etc.

I know this is controversial and a lot of tyers are somewhat peed off by the fashion industry driving the cost of quality hackle up, in my case it worked for me and what I sold is all I had and the end of it for me.

If these hair dresser idiots want to keep paying rediculous prices for this stuff, more power to the guy that has a few feathers to sell to reinvest in rods, reels, whatever.

In reply to no one in particular
post edited by Plum Bob - 2011/08/05 21:28:30
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to: