Author
bulldog1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5203
  • Reward points: 0
2011/07/07 10:40:27 (permalink)

Cannon Downriggers

Just an FYI.

While getting the boat ready for my 1st eye trip I notice a bare spot on the power cable of one of my downriggers, looked like it was bitten by something. When I straightened the cord out to tape it up all of the insulation cracked and big chunks fell off. Let's just say it made my day.

I went to the Cannon site and emailed their service department to see if this was a problem and if they had replacement cables and what the cost was. Got a confirmation email right away in which they told me that they would answer my inquiry within 3 days. Got another email from them a day or two later. Well after the third day I thought I was SOL, so I found replacement cables online and ordered them. $120 for two retro kits to wire both downriggers. Guess I'm just not patient enough... Got an email from them today saying to drop the riggers off at any authorized service center and the cords would be replaced FREE! Can't ask for them to do more that that!

Good company, only downfall is the nearest service center I could find was in Dunkirk NY and the $120 for the new cables is probably cheaper than shipping two ways or driving, but if I had known before I coulda taken them with me to the Outer Banks and had them fixed for free.

So, if you have any trouble with your Cannons, call there service dept. before you do anything.

Yet another lesson that I've learned the hard way...

1 Reply Related Threads

bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Cannon Downriggers 2011/07/22 09:50:33 (permalink)
    UPDATE: Sent Cannon 2 pics of my bad cables and they are sending the new cables FREE OF CHARGE... Gotta love a good company
    Jump to: