New to the area

Author
Rock roll_angler
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2011/06/15 11:24:45 (permalink)

New to the area

Hello all, my names steve, and I'm a 20 year old fisherman who just moved to the area. I live in Williamsport in lycoming county, and I need some help. I've heard that there's amazing fishing up here, but I'm having trouble finding it. If someone could please help me by telling me where the local fishing spots and where the best fishing spots around are, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, I don't really know the area that well, so if you could help me figure out how to get to the spots, that would be great, thanks.

-steve

2 Replies Related Threads

D-nymph
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6701
    RE: New to the area 2011/06/15 13:30:55 (permalink)
    Messing around on these maps should be all you need to get started. There is alot of great fishing in that area.

http://fishandboat.com/gis.htm

If it's trout you're after, all the stocked and wild streams are marked, just go out and explore.

If it's lakes, you can find them there too.

Recommend buying a "PA Gazetteer" map book. They are about $20 and worth every penny. Mark it up with notes about each place you go, parking spots, etc.
    fishinpreacher
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: New to the area 2011/06/15 17:03:55 (permalink)
    I live in the Pittsburgh area, but I grew up in williamsport. Send me a PM to let me know what you are after and I'll tell you what I know.
    Jump to: