Nags Head Charter

Author
Texcobb99
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 451
  • Reward points: 0
2011/05/28 13:54:06 (permalink)

Nags Head Charter

I dont know if this is the correct forum to post this....but does anyone have any experience or recommendations with offshore fishing charters in Nags Head, NC? I am heading there soon and want to get into some dolphin, tuna, marlin, etc.

Thanks!

If I would have asked what everyone wanted, they would have responded that they wanted a better horse....Henry Ford

5 Replies Related Threads

washdog
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 408
    RE: Nags Head Charter 2011/05/28 15:21:39 (permalink)
    http://www.oregon-inlet.com/

Check out this site.  Oregon Inlet fishing center south of Nags head.  Great Fleet of off shore boats. We have used a few different boats over the years, it's not cheap. About $1800.00 for off shore and around $1000.00 for near shore for a full day.   All the information is on the site above. Give them a call, We always had a great time and caught something.  Weather plays a big factor, so if you only book one day, and it gets bad you may not get to go.  This happened to us a couple of times. Everyone was bummed.  You should talk to the people at the Fishing Center for a recommendation, they are great,  I don't want to tell you someone and then maybe you are'nt as pleased as we were. they all seem pretty good and fish and work together. You can ride out to the inlet and see the boats come in around 3-5pm daily and see who did all the catching if you want. We ride out almost every day just to check out the catch, kids love it. 

For Fly Fishing, Flat Out and Fly Girl are pretty famous around those parts, Brian Horsely and Sarah Gardner, I haven't had the pleasure yet to fish with them until I get there this year, but I have heard nothing but excellent reports on their charters and experience.  Hope this helps.
    post edited by washdog - 2011/05/28 17:11:26
    cooljauman
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1633
    RE: Nags Head Charter 2011/05/29 15:35:35 (permalink)
    don't have any recommendations for you, but I just left Corolla and we were surf fishing for blues, croaker, mullet and red drum. Caught a lot and heard they were catching 10 lb blues nearby earlier last week but we didn't catch any that big.

blood worms and shrimp was working for us. pm me if u want more info

If the world needed and enema, they'd put the tube in Philadelphia. Go Pens!

Evgeni Malkin: I'M SCORE

S.D.S.G.F.C.
    Blowchowski
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 577
    RE: Nags Head Charter 2011/05/29 18:02:19 (permalink)
    Texcobb99,
    Good info there on Oregon inlet from washdog. If you don't have a full group of 6 to go, go and get on their "Make up" list. What this is essentially, is they take people wanting to go out who don't have a full group and place groups of 6 on a boat on the day you want to go... if available. At peak times boat are booked, but if you're going down for a week, give them a couple dates you want to go, and they'll usually get you scheduled. I wouldn't do a trip the day after you arrive because you'll be dog tired, but give them a date range and they'll get you set up. Much better price than going yourself, unless of course you have a group of 6... Years ago when the annual family vacation was to the OBX, my father-in-law and I did this. Caught everything you can think of.. White and blue marlin, yellowfin, Big-eye, dolphin.. You'll have a blast.

I love cats. I just can't eat a whole one..
    Hefalump
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 185
    RE: Nags Head Charter 2011/05/29 18:13:46 (permalink)
    You are right.... this is more like a Pennsylvania site!
    uplander
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 22
    RE: Nags Head Charter 2011/05/30 15:08:03 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Texcobb99

I dont know if this is the correct forum to post this....but does anyone have any experience or recommendations with offshore fishing charters in Nags Head, NC? I am heading there soon and want to get into some dolphin, tuna, marlin, etc.

Thanks!

Little bit of a ride in the morning from Nags Head, but you can book a charter out of Hatteras for considerably cheaper than Oregon-Inlet. Prices out of Hatteras Harbor range from $1000-$1400. Plus the Gulf Stream is closer, so less time running - more time fishing.

I am no expert, having only fished there once. But we did very well, nearly limiting on gaffer dolphin and amberjacks.

They have a website as well.

Either way if you are willing to spend the bucks, you'll have a blast.
    Jump to: