3 LONGBEARDS AND NO SHOTS

Author
chicken27
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 763
  • Reward points: 0
2011/05/08 21:19:03 (permalink)

3 LONGBEARDS AND NO SHOTS

As you know last saturday i called a longbeard into my daughter at 39 yards that's number 1.Saturday we hunted near the spot we hunted last saturday.We never heard a gobble at that spot last week over 20 different birds gobbling.So we did some running and gunning.At 11:15 we located 6 gobblers down in a valley.So i told her we need to get in front of them.So we circle around them but couldn't get one to gobble.We sat there for a while then moved down 100 yards.I saw them struting in a green area.So i thought i could get them fired up with a cutt.I heard one gobble so now it's game on while getting her ready he gobble again but wasn't the bird we saw thes ones were coming fast and to our backs.I got her turnt around clucked and purred he gobble closer.Then i saw there big red heads coming through the bushes.I then whisper to her to get ready to shoot pointed out where he was going to be.2 minutes later there they are at ten yards but she was looking on the wrong side of the tree.By the time she got lined up to shoot they made us game over.This is 3 longbears in a week but no kills.I really enjoy hunting with her even though she hasn't got one yet we got the biggest thing you could get while hunting with your child and that's lifetime memories.

1 Reply Related Threads

retired guy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3107
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: 3 LONGBEARDS AND NO SHOTS 2011/05/09 11:41:46 (permalink)
    Its the hunting not the killing that counts- always said some of the best memories are from hunts that didnt produce meat- just good stuff.
    post edited by retired guy - 2011/05/09 11:42:11
    Jump to: