Sandy Creek

Author
hooked1
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 86
  • Reward points: 0
2011/04/20 13:08:57 (permalink)

Sandy Creek

Thinking about going up to my brother in laws cabin next week during the week.  He mentioned Sandy Creek.  I have seen it from the bike trail but never fished it.  Is it worth visiting?  His cabin is in Rockland.  Any advice is appreciated. 

6 Replies Related Threads

ready2fish
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 787
    RE: Sandy Creek 2011/04/20 16:51:04 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: hooked1

Thinking about going up to my brother in laws cabin next week during the week.  He mentioned Sandy Creek.  I have seen it from the bike trail but never fished it.  Is it worth visiting?  His cabin is in Rockland.  Any advice is appreciated. 

If you saw it from the bike trail you could mean East Sandy which enters the Allegheny at the Belmar bridge. That's where two bike trails converge.
    Big Sandy enters the Allegheny at Fishermans Cove. I you could also see it from the bike trail, but further downstream from East Sandy.
    Both are nice streams. Big Sandy gets more fish I believe. I've never fished East, other than at the mouth. I have fished Big Sandy and it's a nice stream and plenty of room. I personally like it around Polk the best.

Kistler Custom Rods Pro Staff
    GAMMA Fishing Lines Pro Staff
    troutslammer
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 382
    RE: Sandy Creek 2011/04/20 17:01:01 (permalink)
    the water should be down by mid week , from the rockland road bridge down stream to the rail road bridge is good , the creek stays cold enough to support trout year round but water quality from what i understand is marginal because of pollution problems from the saw mill way up stream (just what i had heard , they were cited a couple times for bad discharge )
    hooked1
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 86
    RE: Sandy Creek 2011/04/21 09:47:04 (permalink)
    Thanks guys.  I dont have a clue about this creek so I really appreciate the help.  The cabin itself is down from Gary's store which apparently is no longer owned by Gary.  I think it is now Rockland Corner Store.  There is a bridge over the bike trail right after you come out of a tunnel and there is a nice hole below.   I think he plans to go down there.  My brother in law does not fish much but he heard there are trout in the creek.  I am not familiar with the areas anyone is mentioning but IF we go I can look them up.  I did not realize there is Big Sandy and East Sandy. 

Thanks again!! 
    tull66
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1049
    RE: Sandy Creek 2011/04/21 10:24:49 (permalink)
    and a little Sandy!
    ready2fish
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 787
    RE: Sandy Creek 2011/04/21 12:23:07 (permalink)
    You are describing East Sandy.

Kistler Custom Rods Pro Staff
    GAMMA Fishing Lines Pro Staff
    bigben7
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 885
    RE: Sandy Creek 2011/04/24 04:36:54 (permalink)
    i know of 2 sandy creeks,neither of which is the one you are talking about
    Jump to: