proposed orange regs

Author
dpms
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3509
  • Reward points: 0
2011/04/06 11:23:19 (permalink)

proposed orange regs

In part 4(ii) it appears that orange may be mandatory while moving and must be displayed by archers hunting the late firearms seasons in the SRA. Anyone else see it that way or is there another way to interpret that.  It does specify the "early muzzleloader season or any special firearms season".  The "any" is the word that concerns me.  I have several emails in but no response yet. 

§141.20. Protective material required.
(b) Permitted acts. It is lawful to:
(1) Hunt without wearing daylight fluorescent orange-colored material for applicable wildlife during the following seasons:

(i) All crow seasons.
(ii) All dove seasons.
(iii) All waterfowl seasons.
(iv) All falconry small game seasons.
(v) All flintlock muzzleloading deer seasons.
(vi) All archery deer seasons, except as otherwise provided in paragraphs (3) (ii) and (4) (ii).
(vii) All archery bear seasons, except as otherwise provided in paragraph (3) (iii).
(viii) All furbearer seasons, except coyote seasons.
(ix) All coyote seasons, except during the respective portion of any coyote season that runs concurrent with the legal hunting hours of any special firearms deer season, regular firearms deer season, regular firearms bear season or extended firearms bear season within each wildlife management unit, when the requirements of subsection (a) remain applicable.
(x) All spring turkey seasons.

(2) Hunt for woodchucks during any woodchuck season while wearing a hat made of solid daylight fluorescent orange-colored material on the head only.
2 4

(3) Move about or relocate while wearing a hat containing a minimum of 100 square inches of solid daylight fluorescent orange-colored material on the head only and be stationary without wearing the required orange-colored material when hunting for applicable wildlife during the following seasons:

(i) All fall turkey seasons in wildlife management units 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 5B, 5C and 5D.
(ii) The respective portions of any archery deer season that runs concurrent with any fall turkey season within each wildlife management unit.
(iii) The respective portions of any archery bear season that runs concurrent with any fall turkey season within each wildlife management unit.

(4) Move about or relocate while in compliance with subsection (a) and while stationary place a minimum of 100 square inches of daylight fluorescent orange-colored material within 15 feet of the hunter's location so it is visible in a 360 degree arc when hunting for applicable game or wildlife during the following seasons:
(i) All fall turkey seasons in wildlife management units 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F, 2G, 3A, 3B, 3C, 3D, 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E and 5A.
(ii) The respective portions of any archery deer season that runs concurrent with any early muzzleloading deer season or any special firearms deer season within each wildlife management unit.
post edited by dpms - 2011/04/06 11:27:43

My rifle is a black rifle

3 Replies Related Threads

heyiknowyou
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1279
    RE: proposed orange regs 2011/04/06 12:53:33 (permalink)
    thats what it says... during a season which a gun is involved (muzzleloader, rifle, fall turkey) wear it while moving and put a band on a tree that you are in or within 15 feet of where you are while sitting in 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F, 2G, 3A, 3B, 3C, 3D, 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E and 5A.

looks like its just while you are mobile for 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 5B, 5C and 5D for the same situations

seems very black and white to me
    post edited by heyiknowyou - 2011/04/06 12:54:50

go back to spain
    11-12-11: the last time i got punched in the face
    dpms
    Pro Angler
    RE: proposed orange regs 2011/04/06 13:29:19 (permalink)
    This is a change in regs from last year.  If this is the correct understanding, archers would have to wear orange in the SRA but not flintlock hunters during the late firearms season. 

dpms
    Pro Angler
    RE: proposed orange regs 2011/04/06 14:21:50 (permalink)
    From the LE Bureau of the PGC.  Looks like no changes.  The definition of special season is below. 

In any event, special firearms deer season is defined in 131.2 as “Any firearms deer season, except muzzleloader season, that precedes the regular firearms deer season.” (emphasis added).  The firearms season that follows the regular firearms deer season cannot by definition be considered a special firearms deer season.  Furthermore, it is listed in 139.4 as “extendedregular firearms deer season” not special. (emphasis added).

Jump to: