Stolen motors

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
TastyTrout
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 732
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Stolen motors 2011/04/04 12:41:28 (permalink)
the man asked us a group to keep our eyes and ears open for a good deal so that's what we're doing...hopefully it gets returned to him.  We have no way of knowing whether the thieves intend to put it on a boat or not....I'm not a theif but if I stole something I'd want it out of my possession as soon as possibly....especially if I broke into someone's property to retrieve  it in the first place....but that's just me....
Fisherlady2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2196
RE: Stolen motors 2011/04/04 12:52:49 (permalink)
Mr.Slickfish,
I went back to look at your posts for 'get the net' to get a pic of the motors but the photo links weren't active anymore.
I thought it was remote steer, but couldn't remember for sure, and also didn't know if it was a tiller or foot control on the TM and what thrust lb it was...
Can you advise so we are watching out for the right things?

And also... thieves are about the lowest life form around, and I seriously hope you can find out who this was so they can get what's coming to them!
powerun2
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 41
RE: Stolen motors 2011/04/04 13:38:32 (permalink)
Amen slick. as long as you got your family . the rest is a mood point. i hate thieves also.i had 5 rod's & a 12ga. mossburge pump stolen by a so called friend. bottom line no good's found no crime according to law enforcement.

it suck's but unfortunatly it happen's more & more . with the state of our economy . people get desprate & instead of colecting aluminum can's to earn money. it is easyer for some people to steal what other's worked year to buy.

sorry to hear slick.
but life goes on.
dave
Mr.Slickfish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4528
RE: Stolen motors 2011/04/04 13:42:02 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: eyeassassin

slick i was trying to pm you but it wouldnt let me this just got put on craigslist.  i dont know the info about your motor but i am here to help
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/boa/2302514567.html 

From the pic (which is a little blurry)....That does look EXACTLY like my motor minus the controls.

The minnkota is a 50lb thrust tiller driven
post edited by Mr.Slickfish - 2011/04/04 13:43:37

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
Eman89so
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1806
RE: Stolen motors 2011/04/04 15:45:51 (permalink)
That guy lives in Acme.. Call him and find out where he got the motor from. I wish you would get it back but chances are so slim but ya never know what might happen!
Mr.Slickfish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4528
RE: Stolen motors 2011/04/04 17:46:23 (permalink)
I did email back and forth with that duud a little today. After some contact I think he's legit....thanks tho!

My wife is really hammerin' me to just let the whole thing go. She's watched me pouring over internet ads...making calls...and gerally obsessing about it. She asked me...

"What are you gonna do, go to Pitt or Cleveland every time U think U might have a lead?"..."What R U gonna do when you find it?" "Are you going to chase every boat on PI with a merc kicker for the rest of your life?"

She knows me pretty well. If some duud is trying to sell me my motor in his garage....Or if I found my motor at the launch...I definately would b a ragin' vigilante vs. call the cops...and it would end poorly for him, me, and my family...over a couple of boat motors. As always...she's right

I have opted to "let it go"...and maybe the cops will get lucky. Thanks to everyone for their searching and condolences.

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
spg
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 61
RE: Stolen motors 2011/04/07 12:00:00 (permalink)
I went through the same thing a couple of years ago took my 25 Merc off during the day in a busy neighbor hood.  Insurnce guy said in the 32 years of taking reports of stolen motors they never found one to easy to sell.  Usually who ever stole it was watching you.  I still watch the ramps everytime I fish hoping to see it.   
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: