Buddy Got a Fish

Author
swinger
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1376
  • Reward points: 0
2011/04/02 20:08:51 (permalink)

Buddy Got a Fish

Norm from the board came over to swing my water again. Flow was a tad low but way swingable. Color was a tad off but way fishable. Had a banner day the day before he arrived so I had high hopes for his trip. Well its called fishing and not catching for a reason. We got the money area of a money run all locked up. We added another fine stick to the crew for the morning to secure more water. He had a grab and that was it for him. I dropped a normal sized fish that made the reel scream. Boy is it an attention getter for sure. But anyway the guest did hook up.

As he was fighting it it didnt act very normal. Jimi and I both thought it was a fish that just got done spawning the night before but we were wrong.

Jimi left early to check out another run. We stuck it out here for another pass. With good results from the other run, 2 grabs and a drop, I decided to pull the plug and move over there. Mistake on my end for sure. I knew we were on fish, they just didnt start going yet. The 3" of snow we had, melted overnight. We also had a coating fall on us as we got started. Dropped the water temp to 38. We arrived at the new run to find it occupied. Funny story there but I wont get into that. This is an area I dont fish very often so my confidence level was way low. We started walking to find something to fish. There wasnt time for another drive to another spot because we had an early quit time scheduled. To make a long story short no other fish to shore for us. Norm said he had a grab but that is all we could do. He did get introduced to the 2 from Dudewater, 2 handed guru and casting instructor Will, and a great shop owner/guide Dan. Looking back I am kicking myself for giving up the money spot to find fish. Never leave fish to find fish. Hopefully norm aint bent at me and doesnt get mad when KJ and I tear them up next weekend. No promises on tearing them up just speculation.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!

6 Replies Related Threads

World Famous
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2213
    RE: Buddy Got a Fish 2011/04/02 20:22:14 (permalink)
    I know of someone that calls that a brown trout...WF
    Plum Bob
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 575
    RE: Buddy Got a Fish 2011/04/02 21:14:35 (permalink)
    Nice day to be out. Water looks nice, Barry. Still waiting for my Meiser and the catt to settle down.
    KJH807
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4863
    RE: Buddy Got a Fish 2011/04/02 21:18:40 (permalink)
    no hero shot???

norm289
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 932
    RE: Buddy Got a Fish 2011/04/02 23:52:38 (permalink)
    Swinger, thanks again for being a great host. Felt great to finally get a bend in that rod, even though it was not the kind of fish we were looking for. I wish I could have seen the look on my face when we realized what it was lol! Definitely had some laughs with that. If I'm lucky, I will get another chance near the end of the month...

I'll throw up some of the pics when I return home tomorrow. Got to add a hero shot for KJH

"If I'm not going to catch anything, then I'd rather not catch anything on flies." Bob Lawless

"Something to think about: If you fish the wrong fly long and hard enough, it will sooner or later become the right fly." John Gierach
    norm289
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 932
    RE: Buddy Got a Fish 2011/04/03 15:32:49 (permalink)
    Here are some pics from the other day...

Kinda hard not to smile when everyone is laughing lol!

And has Swinger said, he did get one on. Would have been nice to have landed it, but oh well. Always next time.

"If I'm not going to catch anything, then I'd rather not catch anything on flies." Bob Lawless

"Something to think about: If you fish the wrong fly long and hard enough, it will sooner or later become the right fly." John Gierach
    DarDys
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4913
    RE: Buddy Got a Fish 2011/04/04 07:37:45 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: World Famous

I know of someone that calls that a brown trout...WF

That's just mean.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    Jump to: