Penn Sargus baitcaster

Author
pikepredator2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 953
  • Reward points: 0
2011/02/20 16:17:00 (permalink)

Penn Sargus baitcaster

Almost brand new, used on a 1 week canada trip, Penn Sargus baitcaster reel. Great stats and reviews on this reel, unbelievably smooth retrieve, 6.4:1. Low profile. Right hand retrieve, 7 ball bearings. Canadian northern pike didn't stand a chance on this reel. Star drag with audible click, spool knob, external brake dial, and a nice internal brake system under an easily removable face plate on the left hand side of the reel. If you're not familiar with an internal brake system on a bait caster, they're really quite simple. 6 tiny switches in a circular pattern. All switches out for the beginner baitcaster, all in towards the center for the more experienced fisherman(think figure skater here, when she's spinning and her arms are out, she's spinning slower, faster when her arms are tucked in, same holds true for the settings of the switches for the spool on this reel, adjust switches inward for a faster spool as you become more experienced). I have 2 of these reels, one is on a heavier action rod that I fish constantly, and I'm selling the second one. List price for this reel is $200, asking $125 (just because there are 2 small scratches on the metal on the top of this reel). Will ship.

1 Reply Related Threads

bubbaman
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 239
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Penn Sargus baitcaster 2011/03/02 22:36:59 (permalink)
    pikepredator you said in a post you had acanoe for sale, how much do you want for it. I am interested. you can email me if you like, bubbaman22@hotmail.com
    Jump to: