ice report- jan 15-16

Author
fish whisper
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 529
  • Reward points: 0
2011/01/16 20:50:39 (permalink)

ice report- jan 15-16

went out off of chestnut today between there and the convention center, wanted to tell you guys USE caution! had to witness a guy falling through today luckily it was just his legs that got wet but the ice looks safe with a good 8 inches or so but you never know with the cracks and such out there. However, good fishing this weekend in the AM but shutting off after 11 each day. Both days managed good limits between the two of us. Just remember a few perch are not worth a life, be safe!

3 Replies Related Threads

woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8504
    RE: ice report- jan 15-16 2011/01/16 21:49:29 (permalink)
    I,m going tommorrow. Will post then.
    Thanks for the report. :)

NeFiShNeTiMe
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 303
    RE: ice report- jan 15-16 2011/01/17 02:46:48 (permalink)
    thanks for the info. went to pymatuning today with a friend got twenty nice perch all over ten inches three of them where just shy of fourteen inches, three real nice slab crappies and two nice gills. that was my second time out there first time i didnt have a bite but today i got to walking around with the vex and found some really interesting spots that i will be going back to fish more. ice was 8-9 inches with 2-3 inches of slush on top

EVERYBODY BE SAFE OUT THERE!!!! tight lines to all
    canoemale
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: ice report- jan 15-16 2011/01/19 17:37:46 (permalink)
    Could one of our forum members take a drive around Presque Isle tomorrow and to Chestnut Street Marina to give a report on the ice thickness and safety? Also, would appreciate a "scouting" report on how the fishing is going and what seems to be sucessful. It has been so quiet. No reports of activity or success. The big boats are coming into the bay this week and may disrupt the ice. But, but I would still like to go out on Friday. Need to know if it is worth it. Thanks to whoever can do some recon for Presque Isle Bay.
    Jump to: