Trout streams

Author
elkmaster
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 121
  • Reward points: 0
2011/01/16 19:00:41 (permalink)

Trout streams

I'm looking for a nice trout stream for me and my buddies to fish when it warms up I'm from south east Ohio and we don't have to much trout fishing around so pm me with any streams or info thanks

7 Replies Related Threads

pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: Trout streams 2011/01/16 19:12:46 (permalink)
    Some of the nicest trout streams in PA are near Bradford.
    Westline, Lewis Run and near The University of Pittsburgh Bradford have special regulations trout fishing.
    Marshburgh to Sugar Run and Coryden Twp along W Washington St are well stocked- but if you go back into the woods you can find natives.
    These areas both empty into Kinzua

albud1962
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 165
    RE: Trout streams 2011/01/16 19:34:58 (permalink)
    how far do you want to drive?
    elkmaster
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 121
    RE: Trout streams 2011/01/16 21:00:35 (permalink)
    I was just skiing at 7springs today and I saw Indian creek is there fish in that creek I'm willing to drive 3hrs
    bassboatbill
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1194
    RE: Trout streams 2011/01/16 23:23:43 (permalink)
    larul hill creek is right there and they stock it often...look into that

Reputation is made in a moment.......Character is built in a lifetime

flyingmoles
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 494
    RE: Trout streams 2011/01/17 09:54:05 (permalink)
    I was just skiing at 7springs today and I saw Indian creek is there fish in that creek I'm willing to drive 3hrs

now you're getting into my neck of the woods. indian creek is heavily stocked early in the season. there are plenty of left over trout to get the rest of the year. over towards hidden valley there's an artificial lures only section that's loaded with big browns but they tend to be really picky. anywhere else downstream is all tackle. lots of hold over fish in that area right below the bridge on 381. decent rainbows throughout lots of brookies too. i can't say what you'll get into this time of year. i do know you want to wait till the 2nd or 3rd week of trout season to fish it. unless you like having to untangle your line from the lines of unsupervised children. once the fish calm down a bit they usually will hit anything.

laurel hill creek is awesome too. but it's another quagmire in the early spring.
    kooser is close too. the creek there sees surprisingly less action than you would think. the lake however will be shoulder to shoulder till mid may.
    countless native trout streams around here too.
    flyingmoles
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 494
    RE: Trout streams 2011/01/17 13:22:07 (permalink)
    elkmaster yr inbox is full. i have a pm 4 u
    Accountant
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 528
    RE: Trout streams 2011/01/21 18:00:55 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: flyingmoles

now you're getting into my neck of the woods. indian creek is heavily stocked early in the season. there are plenty of left over trout to get the rest of the year. over towards hidden valley there's an artificial lures only section that's loaded with big browns but they tend to be really picky. anywhere else downstream is all tackle. lots of hold over fish in that area right below the bridge on 381. decent rainbows throughout lots of brookies too. i can't say what you'll get into this time of year. i do know you want to wait till the 2nd or 3rd week of trout season to fish it. unless you like having to untangle your line from the lines of unsupervised children. once the fish calm down a bit they usually will hit anything.

laurel hill creek is awesome too. but it's another quagmire in the early spring.
    kooser is close too. the creek there sees surprisingly less action than you would think. the lake however will be shoulder to shoulder till mid may.
    countless native trout streams around here too.

In november i took my dog for an adventure at kooser and laurel hill, and was shocked to see that the creek above the lake can actually hold fish. do more people fish below the lake?
    Jump to: