Susquehanna bass closure

Author
Eekie
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 48
  • Reward points: 0
2011/01/10 20:28:48 (permalink)

Susquehanna bass closure

ALL - just a heads up if you don't know or just a reminder if you do...all bass, largemouth and smallmouth, on the middle susquehanna and lower Juniata is now catch and release this year due to the die off of young bass over the past recent years. check you reg book when you get your lisence for the exact area on those rivers. This could be just this year or the next 10 years, who knows. It's at least until the PA fish commission biologists figure out what is causing the die off.  my money is hedging on pollution and rapid thermal impact (heating during the summer) that is depleating the O2 level in the shallows that the fry like to grow up in.  What do you guys think?

I got a bunch of French military rifles for sale...NEVER fired and only dropped once.

1 Reply Related Threads

Eekie
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 48
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Susquehanna bass closure 2011/01/14 21:04:58 (permalink)
    tim, your right...bob clouse hit it on the head. something should have been done 5 years ago.  anyway, the fish commission set up notification posters at the falmouth ramp and i'm sure at other fishing and boating areas.

I got a bunch of French military rifles for sale...NEVER fired and only dropped once.
    Jump to: