Author
dpms
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3509
  • Reward points: 0
2010/12/22 10:00:14 (permalink)

And we thought coyotes/bears were bad

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101222/ap_on_re_us/us_wolf_nation

Its coming.  Lawsuits nationside with the ultimate goal of ending sport hunting.  Imagine wolves released into the Adirondacks then spreading into northeast Pa. and onward. 

My rifle is a black rifle

15 Replies Related Threads

S-10
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5185
    RE: And we thought coyotes/bears were bad 2010/12/22 10:21:12 (permalink)
    I've lost track of how many times i've been blasted on this site and another one for suggesting this was the goal of the Calif enviromentalists on our state forests and ANF. The Audubon and DCNR are both into Biological Diversity along with several other neutral or anti hunting groups in Pennsylvania. What is means is going back to having enough predators to keep the prey population in check without man. Wolves have already destroyed deer and elk hunting in parts of the west and will do the same here. Check the Bios on the folks from this Arizona based group. Most of them are from California and they have a lot of money and lawyers to push the issue. They have received a half million dollars for their cause from the WYSS foundation of West Chester Pa.to name one. As I've said many times before, the reasons for AR/HR go far beyond what we have been led to believe. I'am sure the wolves and coyotes will obey the no trespassing signs of those with their private honey holes. It is a real reason for concern. The Republicans were unable to stop it from happening in the western states.
    dpms
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3509
    RE: And we thought coyotes/bears were bad 2010/12/22 10:46:52 (permalink)
    Yep.  The war is being raged in unconventional ways as the direct approaches in the past to try to end sport hunting have largely failed. 

Question is will sportsmen recognize these back door approaches and act accordingly. 

My rifle is a black rifle
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: And we thought coyotes/bears were bad 2010/12/22 14:47:51 (permalink)

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    S-10
    Pro Angler
    RE: And we thought coyotes/bears were bad 2010/12/22 15:13:56 (permalink)
    That's old news Spoon, the repubs tried but it failed because of Democratic objections. I don't think Obama much cared.
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    RE: And we thought coyotes/bears were bad 2010/12/22 15:33:21 (permalink)
    Two weeks ago is old?

"Under pressure from livestock interests and state wildlife managers, the federal government in April 2009 removed the wolf from the endangered species list in Montana and Idaho while keeping protections in Wyoming.

But a federal judge in August 2010 ordered full listing restored, saying the wolves' entire range in the Rockies must be treated as a whole, and that protections cannot be left intact in Wyoming while they were lifted in other states."

I believe the Dems were in charge in April 2009. Reading the article. Is the Obama administration siding with ranchers/wildlife agencies, or the evil environmentalists?

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    S-10
    Pro Angler
    RE: And we thought coyotes/bears were bad 2010/12/22 16:15:39 (permalink)
    Like I said - old news-- the date on this one is Dec 21---I believe Obama is the Chief Democrat. On Tuesday, Sen. Mike Crapo, R-Idaho, tried to force a full Senate vote on a bill to strip wolves nationwide of federal protections.

The measure was backed by Republicans in Wyoming and Utah, but failed in the face of Democratic objections.

spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    RE: And we thought coyotes/bears were bad 2010/12/22 16:28:01 (permalink)
    Any way you want to spin it, but the administration has taken a position in favor of YOUR side which you refuse to accept, or acknowledge. Also I believe the the Democrat objection was not over the actual removal, but the process, which wouls undermine the U.S. Fish & wildlife's authority. I also saw where the (D) senator WAS open to a compromise.

Step Up, or Step Aside

GL
    S-10
    Pro Angler
    RE: And we thought coyotes/bears were bad 2010/12/22 16:58:20 (permalink)
    Qoute= The measure was backed by Republicans in Wyoming and Utah, but failed in the face of Democratic objections.

Not my spin, I didn't write it Maybe your correct and Obama just doesn't have much control over his party.

wayne c
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3473
    RE: And we thought coyotes/bears were bad 2010/12/22 17:02:41 (permalink)
    I think it fair to say most "environmentalist" extremist groups cannot be trusted. Theyve proven that time and again. No surprises there. Theyve been trying to acomplish all kinds of obtuse things, and in some cases been successful in quite a few endeavors not in our best interests and i dont think i need to point out what or how.

As for stockin' Wolves, I think it a safe bet that many would be practicing the 3- S's. Shoot... shovel... & shut-up.
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    RE: And we thought coyotes/bears were bad 2010/12/22 17:14:50 (permalink)
    NO president has absolute control over all, or ANY party member of the congress. Nor should he. The bottom line, is that the administration is being sued because it SUPPORTS removal not the other way around.

As far as the Dem objections. Again, it "appears" it's the process. When it comes to legislation, HOW a thing gets done is just as important to legislators ( on BOTH sides ), as WHETHER it gets done. Case in point, is the 9/11 responders bill. The Reps have blocked even a vote on it for weeks ( Did they oppose helping those responders? ), yet today it passed without a single no vote. The main point, is that the U.S. Fish & Wildlife agency SHOULD have the authority to remove the protections ( which they are trying to do ) without legislation. This authority is what the Dems sought to preserve, NOT the protections.

Step Up, or Step Aside

GL
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    RE: And we thought coyotes/bears were bad 2010/12/22 17:17:37 (permalink)
    So Wayne, do you favor allowing Grizzlies, and Wolves to just disappear from their native ranges?

Step Up, or Step Aside

GL
    psu_fish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3104
    RE: And we thought coyotes/bears were bad 2010/12/22 17:34:14 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: spoonchucker

So Wayne, do you favor allowing Grizzlies, and Wolves to just disappear from their native ranges?

everytime you post all i can think of is:

retired guy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3107
    RE: And we thought coyotes/bears were bad 2010/12/22 17:47:50 (permalink)
    As a retired Police Officer and a present elected Official I fear what I would become if Hunting were outlawed.
     Its a way of life - not a hobby.
    psu_fish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3104
    RE: And we thought coyotes/bears were bad 2010/12/22 17:52:47 (permalink)
    well we kinda knew this was coming, since the EPA shot down their petition earlier this year

Groups sue EPA over lead ammo, tackle
    http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-leadammunition-lawsuit
    wayne c
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3473
    RE: And we thought coyotes/bears were bad 2010/12/22 18:44:58 (permalink)
    "So Wayne, do you favor allowing Grizzlies, and Wolves to just disappear from their native ranges?"

Im not in favor of any species becoming extinct. That includes wolves and grizzlies. Though there is absolutely no good reasons for their introductions as proposed, and a heckuva lot of reasons why they shouldnt be.

Jump to: