Author
Ironhed
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1892
  • Reward points: 0
2010/12/19 20:12:00 (permalink)

Out of hand...

Just in case some of you haven't read this, I will post it for you:

FishUSA.com Forums Acceptable Use Policies It is the policy of FishUSA.com that the discussion boards and fishing reports should be enjoyable and appropriate for all. We use the "young viewer" standard - if a post is not appropriately viewed by a younger user, then it is not appropriate here and is subject to being edited or deleted. The following are the standards by which we judge the appropriateness of posts and the rules we will apply:
  • 1)  Disagreeing with the views of others is fine. However, name-calling and personal attacks on others is not acceptable.
  • 2)  Use of profanity is prohibited.
  • 3)  Advocating or encouraging illegal or unethical fishing practices is prohibited.
  • 4)  Mentioning specific fishing locations on private property which may cause increases in angler traffic (a/k/a "spot burning") is prohibited.
  • 5)  Posts which contain lewd or vulgar content are prohibited.
  • 6)  Posts which are disparaging of others based on their race, gender, age, religion, national origin or physical handicap or disability are prohibited.
  • 7)  Posts which serve no other purpose than to antagonize other users (a/k/a "trolling") or creating account(s) explicitly for the purpose of creating said posts (a/k/a "troll" account)
  • 8)  Use of the board to advertise or promote the commercial sale of goods or services is prohibited.
  • 9)  Use of the board to promote other commercial web sites or tackle shops, or web sites or tackle shops which compete with the FishUSA.com, FishErie.com or FishSalmonRiver.com web sites is prohibited.
If, in our sole judgment, a post violates our policies, we or one of our moderators may edit it or delete it.

We apply the same standards to reports posted on the fishing reports section of our regional sites. In addition, we may remove any post to the reports section that, in our sole opinion, is not a valid or credible fishing report.

If a user violates our policies, we may send an email warning that user that future violations will result in that user being banned from our sites, including these discussion boards. Egregious violations may result in a user being banned from our sites without prior warning. If we ban a user from our sites, that user will no longer be permitted to access or attempt to access any of our sites and any attempt to do so will be considered a trespass to our property.

Although these boards are intended for the discussion of fishing-related issues, we will permit other topics to be discussed if they are reasonable.

If you believe a post is offensive or inappropriate, please contact the moderator by email, or us by email at webmaster@fishusa.com. Please recognize that we may not be aware of an offending post if it is not brought to our attention.

As recent threads/posts have shown, there has been an increase in violations of the User Policies.  Especially pertaining to numbers 1 and 7(above).
FishUSA and it's moderators will not tolerate such violations or any others.

Remember, we as members here at FishUSA, are guests. 

I cannot be on here 24 hours a day to babysit. 
Thanks to some members whom have sent PM's bringing certain matters to my attention.

Guys, just have fun and keep it clean.  Please. 

Best regards,

Ironhed

Blacktop Charters

17 Replies Related Threads

270wbmag
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 347
    RE: Out of hand... 2010/12/20 06:38:12 (permalink)
    HOW ABOUT #8 IRONHED..???????? YOU DO THIS EVERYTIME..ARE YOU BUCKETS CHARTERS OR FIRST MATE..??
    Ironhed
    Pro Angler
    RE: Out of hand... 2010/12/20 09:05:43 (permalink)
    I am a Captain for Buckets Charters, 270.

Advertising arrangements were worked out a long time ago.  Even before I became a moderator. 
    Does that help?

Ironhed

Blacktop Charters
    SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: Out of hand... 2010/12/20 09:09:28 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: 270wbmag

HOW ABOUT #8 IRONHED..???????? YOU DO THIS EVERYTIME..ARE YOU BUCKETS CHARTERS OR FIRST MATE..??

How about #7 little general ?

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
    Outdoor Adventures
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1849
    RE: Out of hand... 2010/12/20 16:27:45 (permalink)
    Now that you made an issue of it I see lots of violations here from you and from many others. Ever think of making this site more of a "freedom of speach" site ?
    tull66
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1049
    RE: Out of hand... 2010/12/20 18:18:45 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Outdoor Adventures

Now that you made an issue of it I see lots of violations here from you...

My first thoughts also. Do as I say, not as I do.
    Ironhed
    Pro Angler
    RE: Out of hand... 2010/12/20 23:55:55 (permalink)
    "Now that you made an issue of it I see lots of violations here from you and from many others."

Bring them to my attention and I will gladly remove them.  My apologies if I stepped over a line or read over a post.

Quite often, there are multiple violations within a thread.  It is very time consuming to go through the entire thread and edit or delete every single said post.  Nine times out of ten, myself, every other moderator and the admins on these forums, is going to ax the entire thread.

The owners of these forums make the rules.  It is up to us, as guests, to abide by them.

"Ever think of making this site more of a "freedom of speach" site ?"

As far as making this site a "freedom of speAch" site...that is a question for the owners.  Email them if it is of great concern.

Here is a little excerpt from our friends over at iceshanty.com...

"It is important to distinguish that "First Amendment Rights" guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States of America with regards to freedom of expression are rights granted that state the government of the United States shall enact no law that prohibits such. This is not a governmental forum, and as such, we are not bound by "First Amendment Rights." While we certainly encourage free speech, there are topics which are inappropriate for this forum, and such topics may not be discussed here. When we delete a thread or a post, it is important that posters understand we are doing so because the topic is inappropriate for the forum, and that "First Amendment Rights" do not apply. Think of how certain topics are inappropriate in your living room, in front of your parents, or in other places in life; the same holds true here."

I agree. 

Ironhed

Blacktop Charters
    Outdoor Adventures
    Pro Angler
    RE: Out of hand... 2010/12/21 00:59:44 (permalink)
    I purposely misspelled SPEECH to see if you would make fun of my spelling directly. And you did. Now how is that not antagonizing me ? A personal attack? Think ironhed think !!!
    post edited by Outdoor Adventures - 2010/12/21 01:01:22
    Ironhed
    Pro Angler
    RE: Out of hand... 2010/12/21 01:07:24 (permalink)
    You're not sucking me into it. 

Merry X-Mas, OA!

Ironhed

Blacktop Charters
    SonofZ3
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 657
    RE: Out of hand... 2010/12/21 10:02:52 (permalink)
    The OP was just a general reminder to not be such an azz to people. If some of you felt it was directed at you, then thats fine, but no one named any names.

You first amendment rights are limited in real life as well, which I'm sure you know if you think about it for a few minutes. Rules governing what you can and cannot post aren't out of line with that concept at all.

Support your local Fly Shop!

OHWM
    tull66
    Pro Angler
    RE: Out of hand... 2010/12/21 10:48:54 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Outdoor Adventures

I purposely misspelled SPEECH to see if you would make fun of my spelling directly.

Internet entrapment!
    tull66
    Pro Angler
    RE: Out of hand... 2010/12/21 10:49:53 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Ironhed

You're not sucking me into it. 

Merry X-Mas, OA!

Ironhed

You mis-spelled "Christmas"!

Merry Christmas IH.
    bassboatbill
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1194
    RE: Out of hand... 2010/12/21 11:03:34 (permalink)
    does #6 mean we have to say happy holidays and really arent allowed to say Merry Christmas???....

Reputation is made in a moment.......Character is built in a lifetime

SonofZ3
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 657
    RE: Out of hand... 2010/12/21 12:00:24 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: bassboatbill

does #6 mean we have to say happy holidays and really arent allowed to say Merry Christmas???....

No. Christmas, as we celebrate it, is actually an amalgamation of a bunch of different religions, most of them pagan. In fact, the roots of celebration on Dec. 25th, and a lot of the symbols are so widespread that I don't see how anyone can call it a completely Christian holiday, or particular of any other religion. Some info on the subject:

http://www.essortment.com/all/christmaspagan_rece.htm

Support your local Fly Shop!

OHWM
    Outdoor Adventures
    Pro Angler
    RE: Out of hand... 2010/12/21 14:36:27 (permalink)
    Merry Christmas to all ! If you don't like the "Christmas" word you can kiss my..... Well, you tell them ironhead.
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: Out of hand... 2010/12/21 14:53:19 (permalink)
    "If you don't like the "Christmas" word you can kiss my....."

Really reflects the true spirit of the season.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    S-10
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5185
    RE: Out of hand... 2010/12/21 15:00:44 (permalink)
    Kiss my --sister under the misletoe-- seems approprate to the season
    Outdoor Adventures
    Pro Angler
    RE: Out of hand... 2010/12/21 15:07:31 (permalink)
    That's using your head instead of going to the gutter like "some". You people are so easy !
    ORIGINAL: S-10

Kiss my --sister under the misletoe-- seems approprate to the season

Jump to: