LockedFlyfishermen give flyfishermen a bad name.

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Author
wrighter00
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 175
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Flyfishermen give flyfishermen a bad name. 2010/12/13 12:02:36 (permalink)
They have this thing nowadays called a circle hook. It settles into the corner of a fishes mouth nearly every time. I haven't had a fish swallow one yet. Welcome to the new age of bait fishing.

Just because you throw spoons, cranks, in line spinners, or anything of the sort doesn't mean you hafta use over sized treble hooks. The little ones tend to stay in place better, anyway.

And according to the PA handbook NO ONE here uses barbed hooks, right?

post edited by wrighter00 - 2010/12/13 12:13:02

I'd rather be fishin...
thedrake
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1948
RE: Flyfishermen give flyfishermen a bad name. 2010/12/13 12:33:43 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: wrighter00

They have this thing nowadays called a circle hook. It settles into the corner of a fishes mouth nearly every time. I haven't had a fish swallow one yet. Welcome to the new age of bait fishing.

Just because you throw spoons, cranks, in line spinners, or anything of the sort doesn't mean you hafta use over sized treble hooks. The little ones tend to stay in place better, anyway.

And according to the PA handbook NO ONE here uses barbed hooks, right?

The size of the treble is a moot point. They all do more damage than a single hook. Especially a barbless single hook.

Know any bait or lure guys that use barbless hooks?... I don't either.

I don't want to get into the debate of fly vs spin anymore than I have. The purpose of my post was not to make spin guys look bad. That part of my post was particuarly for outfortrout, since he "dislikes" fly fishermen. I wanted to point out that fly guys are not bad people.
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4913
RE: Flyfishermen give flyfishermen a bad name. 2010/12/13 12:59:16 (permalink)
I have a tweed jacket.

And a little red pencil box.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
wrighter00
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 175
RE: Flyfishermen give flyfishermen a bad name. 2010/12/13 13:00:01 (permalink)
I don't think anyone is bad peoples. Peoples is peoples. I don't know anywhere that even sells barbless hooks, save for maybe online stores. It says in the handbook to use pliers to pinch the barb. No one looks bad or shouldn't. When I joke around about stereotypes it's for the humor, not to get under people's skin.

I have fly rods for trout, bass, and blue gills. Spinning rods for bass, walleye, and sauger. Bait rods for catfish, carp, and drum. Trolling and baitcasting rods for musky and pike. As a fishermen of all types I can see all the stereotypes. I see some people who actually get upset over it all though. What a waste of time and energy.

*sigh* I fit another stereotype. Yea, I have cabin fever. Erie is 2 hours away, and the rivers here are flooded and the creeks don't support trout. The closest indoor BMX park is 2 hours away. I'm holding off til the dead of winter to settle into my favorite MMORPG. So here I am talking to all of you lovely chaps and chicks!

I'd rather be fishin...
thedrake
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1948
RE: Flyfishermen give flyfishermen a bad name. 2010/12/13 13:35:16 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: DarDys

I have a tweed jacket.

And a little red pencil box.

I have a tweed jacket too. Let's plan on wearing them the next time we fish, so long as their not identical. I wouldn't want to look stupid.

Cold
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7358
RE: Flyfishermen give flyfishermen a bad name. 2010/12/13 13:43:23 (permalink)
Ironhed
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1892
RE: Flyfishermen give flyfishermen a bad name. 2010/12/13 13:49:42 (permalink)

Ironhed

Blacktop Charters
Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Jump to: