LockedPersonal Responsibility.

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Author
Riverbum
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 294
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Personal Responsibility. 2010/12/13 21:08:56 (permalink)
Then we can repeat the threads regarding over-crowding. What fun!

"Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."~by Tony Blake~

"Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in. Its thin current slides away, but eternity remains."
~by Henry David Thoreau~

Livinfishin
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 245
RE: Personal Responsibility. 2010/12/13 23:37:36 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: capcity_tim

wtf... why is everyone pumping 4 mile so bad... who cares

Of all the creeks on the eastside to do this experiment, the creek with the most restricted access (at the lower end at least) other than 6 mile (which is closed completely) coupled with a mammoth size waterfall, and has about 1/20 the amount of fish normally found in Manchester hole alone, was chosen. I hope it works out cause I hate to see money wasted, but I just don't see what any of this will amount to in the end. A fish ladder to nowhere is the best description I have seen so far.
wrighter00
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 175
RE: Personal Responsibility. 2010/12/14 02:25:52 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Ginnis

wrighter, i would never, ever, ever let you handle fish on my land...

You wouldn't be caught up on a picture of me holding a stocked trout taken in a wool glove from nearly a year ago, would ya? Yknow, I somehow caught flack on a different forum for that picture that was posted on here. The flack came from a fella, that you may know, who was mad at the members and mods of that forum for having no problem with filling me in on some Laural Highland native creeks to check out. Mind you all, FILLING ME IN. To think he was irritated that I was seeking PUBLIC land to fish. His basis was that someone of my low standards shouldn't be allowed to fish any native waters. He showed the picture only to find that no one on that site thought I was mistreating the fish. Seriously, since when are wool gloves bad while fishing? There's plenty of fishermen that suggest them.

I'm not acting a fool when I say that musky require more care than trout. I've fished for them both, and I'm talking from experience. I fish for musky more, and because of this I've adapted caring releases. Trout are not as fragile as some make them out to be, and especially not stocked trout. The natives have more fragile bodies, but even so those little buggers are so full of life that I could barely take a picture of them. Steelhead are a little different. They are really the only fish I've ever seen that can look nearly dead after reeling them 20ft in just a few minutes. I don't know what to make of that. I'm guessing it's the spawn-on energy burn.

Off topic other than the fact that some people will complain even if the land isn't just theirs. It was just something that needed said.

I'd rather be fishin...
Ginnis
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 42
RE: Personal Responsibility. 2010/12/14 13:23:44 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: wrighter00

ORIGINAL: Ginnis

wrighter, i would never, ever, ever let you handle fish on my land...

You wouldn't be caught up on a picture of me holding a stocked trout taken in a wool glove from nearly a year ago, would ya? Yknow, I somehow caught flack on a different forum for that picture that was posted on here. The flack came from a fella, that you may know, who was mad at the members and mods of that forum for having no problem with filling me in on some Laural Highland native creeks to check out. Mind you all, FILLING ME IN. To think he was irritated that I was seeking PUBLIC land to fish. His basis was that someone of my low standards shouldn't be allowed to fish any native waters. He showed the picture only to find that no one on that site thought I was mistreating the fish. Seriously, since when are wool gloves bad while fishing? There's plenty of fishermen that suggest them.

I'm not acting a fool when I say that musky require more care than trout. I've fished for them both, and I'm talking from experience. I fish for musky more, and because of this I've adapted caring releases. Trout are not as fragile as some make them out to be, and especially not stocked trout. The natives have more fragile bodies, but even so those little buggers are so full of life that I could barely take a picture of them. Steelhead are a little different. They are really the only fish I've ever seen that can look nearly dead after reeling them 20ft in just a few minutes. I don't know what to make of that. I'm guessing it's the spawn-on energy burn.

Off topic other than the fact that some people will complain even if the land isn't just theirs. It was just something that needed said.

like I said, a gem.  The water you were inquiring about, at points, is private, and we all know from your little run in w. the fish commission on a fly project that you don't exactly know your regulations to well.  You did get caught w. live bait on a ffo did you not?
wrighter00
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 175
RE: Personal Responsibility. 2010/12/16 20:33:31 (permalink)
Fo sho, bro. I certainly did. While fly fishing. I read the sign, and it's another infallible law incident. I understand why it's in place, but that's got nothing to do with me. I wouldn't/didn't bait fish there. Maybe I'm too free sometimes, you're right. I didn't honestly think anyone would mind if I was carrying bait through on my hike, but the law is the law. Was a gentleman with the officer. He understood the whole incident. Did what he had to do. Now, I don't leave for the creek with anything but my fly gear.

In relation to personal responsibility and fish handling. At the last cat fish tournamet I went to. You wouldn't believe how many people threw their fish back half dead. They were scattered all around the boat launch. There's even a rule in the tourney that if a fish dies you take it with you. My friends and I spent some time there after the weigh-in reviving what fish we could. All of the ones that we could get to were revived and able to swim away. That's what this whole thread is about. Fishermen taking personal responsibility. If only more people could do it.

In relation to navigability. It could easily be argued that Erie tribs are navigable. Slippery rock has canoe and kayak launches on stretches that are barely navigable at certain points. I've had to drag a canoe through stretches of the Kiski at certain times, and that's a river. The primary issue in Erie then would be that the kayakers and canoers would upset the fishermen and land owners! hahahaha

I'd rather be fishin...
heyiknowyou
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1279
RE: Personal Responsibility. 2010/12/16 21:19:35 (permalink)
you're looking at the wrong definition of navigable

go back to spain
11-12-11: the last time i got punched in the face
rollcaster
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1091
RE: Personal Responsibility. 2010/12/16 21:23:56 (permalink)
Way out in left field
Riverbum
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 294
RE: Personal Responsibility. 2010/12/16 21:40:46 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: wrighter00

In relation to navigability. It could easily be argued that Erie tribs are navigable. Slippery rock has canoe and kayak launches on stretches that are barely navigable at certain points. I've had to drag a canoe through stretches of the Kiski at certain times, and that's a river. The primary issue in Erie then would be that the kayakers and canoers would upset the fishermen and land owners! hahahaha

You have to be freakin' kidding me. And some of you wonder why this thread continues? If this level of intelligence is representative of the trib angling community, I predict all private water will be posted by the end of the year.
post edited by Riverbum - 2010/12/16 21:44:04

"Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."~by Tony Blake~

"Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in. Its thin current slides away, but eternity remains."
~by Henry David Thoreau~

Ironhed
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1892
RE: Personal Responsibility. 2010/12/16 23:42:52 (permalink)

Ironhed

Blacktop Charters
Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Jump to: